BMW i8 listen to this sound of 1500 3 cylinder engine

Here we discuss various alternative energy solutions. From converting your car to electricity to converting your home to be off the grid.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

BMW i8 listen to this sound of 1500 3 cylinder engine

Post by pietpetoors »

Listen to this sound coming from a 1500 3 cylinder engine.
47 km/l
0-100 in 4.5 seconds
266 kW (with electric motor)

phpBB [video]

View Original
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Re: BMW i8 listen to this sound of 1500 3 cylinder engine

Post by Hoppy »

ek like die nuwe tegnologie
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Sounds great and fantastic lines on that car!!!! :drool:

Don't know if anyone remembers the 3 cylinder Kawasaki from about 1971 / 72 ?? That was a 2 stroke and the crank was beautifully balanced at 120° apart, now here's a 4 stroke motor with the journals also at 120° apart on the crank - a power stroke for all three cylinders with every two crank revolutions, (i.e. 720°) which = one power stroke / 240° leaving a balance of 120° out of a full 360° apart. Like half a 3 litre V6 motor, with the same capacity per cylinder, just revving at double the speed to produce the same number of power pulses. This may be where that aggressive exhaust note comes in. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

Post by Toppie4x4 »

Shoe wonder wat die outjie kos??????
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Mat daai startup en rev klink hy soos my ma se Yaris.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :mocking:
To God be the glory
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

WOW, see VW gets 200Kw and 270N.m out of a 1000 cc 3 cylinder

http://www.carmag.co.za/news/volkswagen ... r-engines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At the Vienna Motor Symposium, Volkswagen has unveiled a new 1,0-litre, three-cylinder engine, as well as a new 6,0-litre, W12 engine.

The 1,0-litre engine is based on the unit as found in the current Polo range. However, this version develops 200 kW and 270 N.m, a similar power figure to that of the Golf R! This was made possible by using some of the technology from the Polo WRC race car, such as the monoscroll turbocharger as well as an e-booster system.

Next up, and on the opposite side of the scale, was the new W12TSI engine. Volkswagen referred to this engine as the unit “with the highest technology density in the world”.

The new engine combine two technologies, previously seen in Audi and Bentley, namely, FSI direct injection and TMPI multi-point injection. The cylinder bores are also APS coated to reduce friction. More importantly is the oil circuit “which is suitable for off-road use with a switchable oil pump”. This statement clearly points to the fact that this engine will find its way in the new Bentley Bentayga SUV.

The engine also features adaptive engine suspension with hydraulic damping. This system uses “electromagnetic actuators to counteract vibrations induced by the engine with phase-shifted counter-vibrations”. We assume this is simply part of Bentley’s plan to make this the most luxurious and quiet SUV to date.

The engine will deliver 447 kW at 6 000 r/min and 900 N.m between 1 500 and 4 500 r/min. VW claims and average consumption of 10,7 litres per 100 km.

Depending on the car, VW also claims the engine will deliver a 0-100 km/h acceleration time of less than four seconds, and a top speed of 300 km/h.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “Alternative Energy”