Membership Termination?!?!?!?!

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Nick S
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bedfordview
Vehicle: 3L Legend 45 D4D 4x4 DC/AT. RSI Canopy, Snorkel and Radio
Club VHF Licence: HC219

Membership Termination?!?!?!?!

Post by Nick S »

I got this mail now.... :shock2:
Now I do Understand that the club has the right to boot non payers. BUT I paid in November and sent proof of payment, last year and have been a paid up member for ages now. Surely The club can contact and inquire before terminating memberships just like that?

I think the club have dropped the ball I'll chat to you again if and when its sorted.

Disappointed :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

30 January 2017
Dear Nick

It is with regret that we have to inform you that we had to deactivate your club profile. This is either due to your choice to terminate your membership or due to non payment of club fees. If you have made a payment please fax the proof of payment to: 086-552-3964 or email it to ClubAdmin@hilux4x4.co.za so we can rectify the situation.

If you have not paid yet and would like to remain a member of the Hilux Club, please pay your yearly fee of R160 into the account mentioned below and send us the proof of payment.
Acc Name: Hilux4x4 Club
Bank: First National Bank Cheque Account
Branch Code: 250655
Branch: Langebaan
Acc Number: 62259542035
Ref: Nick S

Fax your proof of payment to 086 552 3964 or email to ClubAdmin@hilux4x4.co.za

Best regards,
Hilux Club Admin Team

Greg Boyce, Louis Notnagel, Graeme Donaldson, Dylan Durandt
Tertius Binedell and Johann van Niekerk
To build bridges, you need to go to where the rivers are.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Membership Termination?!?!?!?!

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Nick, sorry to hear of this. Perhaps if you sent a copy of the POP directly to Neil (Thunder 02) I'm sure that he will sort it for you. (I know that when I was doing it, every now and then for some reason the POP's weren't getting through to me and I had to ask for POP's or refer to bank statements to help the affected parties.)

This is a rather important issue to get sorted because you are a registered radio user with the club and here's something that may help others in a similar predicament - the system will send out a renewal notification when your renewal date is coming up, once that passes in the following month you will get another and then yet another a month later (you get 2 months grace). If by that time the payment and POP haven't been received by the admin person, membership is automatically terminated and a termination notice is sent. So if you get a renewal notice after you have paid, it means that the payment has not been picked up for whatever reason and one should follow it up to avoid membership termination.

Nick, I am also happy (and able) to assist if you want to send the POP to me directly (andy@hilux4x4.co.za). Let's get you sorted. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Nick S
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Nick S »

Thanks Andy
Mailed you POP
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Thanks. All sorted. :winkx:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
petri oosthuizen
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: bethlehem
Vehicle: 98 Nissan Patrol GRX, 1996 Hilux 2,4 D S/Cab SFA, 2007 Merc CL 500

Post by petri oosthuizen »

What Club Fees? When is mine due, if applicable??

I'm serious here - I di'nt remember paying a Fee.

Thanks!
" Fear?? Looking over at Joe Louis' Corner, and knowing Joe wants to go home early tonight"...….Max Baer
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Petri... have a look here: http://www.hiluxclub.co.za/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

It's surprising how many of our forum members are unaware that there is a 4x4 club "attached" to the forum! :blink:

Without knowing this Petri, you must surely have wondered why certain members have user names that appear in blue. This denotes current club membership. You might also have noticed that many guys have a club sticker on their vehicles.

And yes, there are benefits in belonging to the club - there's the outings that are organised (this is more active in the bigger centres, but there's no reason why the guys in smaller centres cannot get together as well), there are certain discounts applicable to club members from participating suppliers, there are from time to time club sponsorships in some form or another, especially at year-end functions and perhaps one of the most significant benefits is that club members fall under the blanket of the club's VHF radio licence. This allows members to legally operate their VHF 2 way radios within RSA borders under a letter of authority from the club, so no ORRA fees payable (currently about R180 per year for one radio and an additional R80 per unit thereafter) - our letter of authority (free to club members and our membership is only R160 p.a.) covers more than one radio as long as they are all registered with us and are within the ambit of frequencies that are ORRA applicable.

Just thought that this was a good opportunity to remind you all about the club. :winkx:

Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Nick, I spotted you in a Landi and hence the termination of your club membership :mocking:

All sorted :thumbup:
Welcome back.......
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Nick S
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Nick S »

:oops: :oops: Whaaahaaaaaa Ja but it leaked so its gone.

Andy Thanks a mil for all your help. And Neil Thanks for the call. I am sorry i was a bit tense in my mails. :oops: :oops:

Thanks again Guys
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Baasvark
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Post by Baasvark »

Also recieved a similar mail ( was in germany at the time).

Did the payement but haven't recieved any response.

Wish I could pay 2- 3 years in advance! I tend to forget about these things!
Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Baasvark wrote:Also recieved a similar mail ( was in germany at the time).

Did the payement but haven't recieved any response.

Wish I could pay 2- 3 years in advance! I tend to forget about these things!
You can. If you pay R320 for instance, you will be fine for 2 years. If you pay R480 you are set for 3 years :thumbup:
To God be the glory
Nick S
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Nick S »

that's a better plan I think :thumbup:
Baasvark
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Post by Baasvark »

Cas I seem to remember Andy telling me that this was not possible....

But my memory is very suspect as of late :)
Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Baasvark wrote:Cas I seem to remember Andy telling me that this was not possible....

But my memory is very suspect as of late :)
Used to do it all the time when I was at the helm :thumbup:
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

No Shane, it's possible and I also did it for a couple of the guys as well.

The only thing is that there is a strong possibility that you will be overlooked for the renewal package, but then those guys weren't concerned about the pens and stickers. :winkx:

chopper

Post by chopper »

Had a "slightly" similar experience - paid dues in Nov 16 and again Jan 17 when I was informed that my subs were due - POP faxed in Nov and POP mailed in Jan
Did inform admin though
Mafutha
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Port Alfred
Vehicle: Hilux DC 4L V6

Post by Mafutha »

Getting worried if I see current members having some problems in this regard. I also joined and received this e-mail. Hope to hear from them soon.

Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 10:39 PM
To: kenny@laubscheronline.com
Subject: Re: PROOF OF PAYMENT : KENNY LAUBSCHER : HILUX CLUB : USERNAME MAFUTHA

Good day,

Thank you for your email. It's been forwarded to someone that will assist as soon as possible.

Regards,
Club Admin
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Thinus, I see that you actually made two payments and have updated your profile accordingly, so you shouldn't receive any more notices until it's due again at end Nov 2018

Kenny, by now the pop should have been received and your club profile activated. I see the profile is there, but not yet activated. The POP's no longer come through to me as I have stepped down as club chairperson and the latest bank statement that I get a copy of only goes up till end of Jan. I can therefore not verify your payment but if you send me a copy of the POP (andy@hilux4x4.co.za), I will action it for you and advise admin accordingly.

petri oosthuizen
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

:blushing:
Mud Dog wrote:It's surprising how many of our forum members are unaware that there is a 4x4 club "attached" to the forum! :blink:

Without knowing this Petri, you must surely have wondered why certain members have user names that appear in blue. This denotes current club membership. You might also have noticed that many guys have a club sticker on their vehicles.

And yes, there are benefits in belonging to the club - there's the outings that are organised (this is more active in the bigger centres, but there's no reason why the guys in smaller centres cannot get together as well), there are certain discounts applicable to club members from participating suppliers, there are from time to time club sponsorships in some form or another, especially at year-end functions and perhaps one of the most significant benefits is that club members fall under the blanket of the club's VHF radio licence. This allows members to legally operate their VHF 2 way radios within RSA borders under a letter of authority from the club, so no ORRA fees payable (currently about R180 per year for one radio and an additional R80 per unit thereafter) - our letter of authority (free to club members and our membership is only R160 p.a.) covers more than one radio as long as they are all registered with us and are within the ambit of frequencies that are ORRA applicable.

Just thought that this was a good opportunity to remind you all about the club. :winkx:
Mud, no probs, thanks for the heads up.

I'd love to contribute, having received some VERY good advise in here, and I enjoy the interaction.

Please let me know how/where can I pay my Subs, sommer vir 2 jaar.......R 320??

Thanksamill!!

(edited).........Mud ek sien nou waar ek kan register. Maar as ek my Username en PW insit (selfde as op Forum) gooi die splulletjie my uit met " UN and PW already exists"............kan ek maar net betaal met my naam as reference, en did dit?? Hoef ek nie te registreer (weer) nie??

Dankie, jammer man eks blond.
" Fear?? Looking over at Joe Louis' Corner, and knowing Joe wants to go home early tonight"...….Max Baer
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Petri, there's a reason for all that, but it's usually reserved for members that are 'over the hill' .... like Eric (Family_Dog) .... that reason is forgetfulness! :laugh2:

You have forgotten that you already completed a club profile registration in 2012 using your user name and password :D:
It all looks good and ready to go but you just never made the payment. All you have to now is to make the payment and put your username as a reference. As soon as Neil receives it, he will active the profile. (You can do two years if you prefer, no problem - R160 per year). If it's not activated after a couple of days then let us know (you may be with a different bank than the club and then the POP takes a day or two before it comes through).

I will PM your registration details to you in the meantime so that you can check if they're correct (I saw that the mail address is correct). Just look and see that the postal address is still current. :winkx:

chopper

Post by chopper »

Andy
Thank you - great appreciation :thumbup:
petri oosthuizen
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Ekskuus.........maar waar kry ek die EFT Details?? Ek het dit eendag gesien, maar kannie onthou waar nie.

Thanks!!
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Petri, you'll find it here towards the bottom of the page http://www.hiluxclub.co.za/

:winkx:

petri oosthuizen
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Thanks Dog, I did the deed. FNB to FNB.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Awesome! :thumbup:

Return to “Open Discussion”