3.0D4D DC accelerating problem

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
toyotaman1976
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7DC

3.0D4D DC accelerating problem

Post by toyotaman1976 »

Hi all. I recently purchased a 2013 3.0D4D 4x4 in great condition, although after a week of driving it feels that the clutch slips in 4th or 5th gear when I press the accelerator harder and it revvs high but no power on the drivetrain while not touching the clutch. I do not feel the clutch slip in 1st 2nd or third. Although in first it does stutter and does not engage easy.

But then secondly, it has cruise control and after driving with it off it came on on it s own. No warning lights are coming on but bakkie does not have power to accelerate faster and only picks up speed slowly (but engine revvs high). I feel it can be a cruise control problem or the clutch. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Regards,

Hardie
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: 3.0D4D DC accelerating problem

Post by Thabogrobler »

All that you describe shows on a fubar clutch. You know it, just don't want to admit it to yourself, ne? ;>
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

Return to “The Workshop”