A/C taking 45sec to turn on!!!

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Bananalux
Town: Perth
Vehicle: Hilux

A/C taking 45sec to turn on!!!

Post by Bananalux »

Hi everyone!

I have a 2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0ltr D4D engine.
So basically when I start my hilux it takes about 45 until I can turn my air conditioning on.
Once it turns on, I have no control over the temperature or fan modes. Only the fan speed and it just stays on the same temperature, which is cool. I took it to a mechanic and he told me that it’s an auto electrical problem and that they had opened up the blend door actuator to allow the cool air to enter the car.
So after the mechanic and a few forums. Just wanting to know what do you think it is? I haven’t taken it to a auto sparkie yet because i think it could be an easy fix.
I’ve had someone say it’s the AC Amplifier that is broken or I need a new blend door actuator?
I replaced the AC head unit and it still doesn’t turn on until after 45 seconds.
Can someone tell me where I can find the ac amplifier or what May the problem be? Thanks
Darryl Clifford
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: Hilux Dakar GD-6

Re: A/C taking 45sec to turn on!!!

Post by Darryl Clifford »

Hi

I have a similar problem, however my aircon takes 3 minutes to turn on. The previous settings are also lost, so when the unit turns on it starts with 25 degrees celsius. I have looked for fuses and the obvious with no result. I too am hoping for an easy fix.

Thanks.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Dumb reply I guess, but is there enough gas in the A/C?

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Bananalux

Post by Bananalux »

Family_Dog wrote:Dumb reply I guess, but is there enough gas in the A/C?

-F_D
Yeah I’ve had it re gassed and has no leaks. It’s an electrical problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Sounds more like a control module problem to me especially if it loose your previous settings.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Bananalux

Post by Bananalux »

pietpetoors wrote:Sounds more like a control module problem to me especially if it loose your previous settings.
Yeah I’ve replaced the AC head unit control module with a genuine part and still the same problem.

I reckon it’s the AC amplifier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Workshop”