LR Disco 3

Of course there are people who only dream about driving a Hilux or Cruiser. They are welcome to show us their current vehicles here, ask questions or post some exciting new releases.
Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: '10 Pajero Sport

LR Disco 3

Post by Rampie »

Confession time: I am seriously looking at getting a Disco 3 so I can take all 4 kids along when we go play. Something the Hilux just cannot. The LR guys have been absolutely fantastic. Phoned them in Potchefstroom on Tuesday afternoon about 5:30pm and by 8pm had a full brochure delivered at my house in Klerksdorp. After a quick chat they left, only to phone today to say they are dropping off a demo for me to use until the weekend!! First drive in the demo proved that all the kids fit comfortably and it is very fast.

Off course it means that both RAMKAT and the wife's MB Viano may be on the market soon. We are looking at getting a smallish sedan like the Mazda 3 for Swambo.
:( :( :problem: :confused:
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Re: LR Disco 3

Post by ToyX4 »

Which engine you looking at? The TDV6?

I was looking at a Prado and a D3 next to each other yesterday, and I must confess, I'll take a D3 anytime.

Go for it!
ImageImage
legend35
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i
Club VHF Licence: HC262

Post by legend35 »

Rampie, my neef het een en ek is baie impress.Het een keer saam met hom op n baie gladde moder pad gery en hy gly nie sommer nie.Sal nie omgee om een te he nie.
2004 Hilux 2700i 4x4 Legend 35
ImageImageImageImage
Cowley branch and freeflow,long range tank,dual battery system,home made front and rear bumpers.
Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rampie »

Feedback time after spending the day in the company of LR Disco 3. We loaded 6 full sized adults and drove to Bultfontein via Bothaville and Wesselsbron where we had to stop for small deliveries while the rest of the crew went ahead. Cruised there at about 130 most of the way with everone in total comfort, but then there isn't much space left for briefcases and such. From Wesselsbron on I gradually lifted to 160 and nobody realised! On return we averaged about 140 with the car completely isolating occupants from the road and outside world.

Yes it is slightly smaller than the Viano, but then it is also significantly shorter. Subjectively it feels much wider than the bus, even though it parks like a dream. The drawbar is way too low and will have to be replaced with an improved design. Lighting is by far the best I've come across. Despite that I strangely arrived back home fairly tired, but this could be from all the kms covered during the week.

Only snag happened on the last stretch from the grocer shop to home. The Netstar alarm somehow got activated when I started her up at the shop and I couldn't get it to shuddup. Ever tried driving through peak hour traffic with the alarm screaming??? Interesting times indeed that we live in!

The friendly guys from LR already came to fetch it and it was with mixed feelings that I watched them leave. If a car can do a truck's work, then this car is definitely the answer and it does so in pure luxury!

So what is the conclusion? I do not know....

PS I am looking at the V6 diesel. Yummy 144kw!!
Last edited by Rampie on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riceburner
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: JHB
Vehicle: D2 V8

Post by Riceburner »

I am looking at a Disco2 at work. One owner and a new V8 was installed by LR 60000 kms ago. FSH with 152000 on the clock. Guy is going on retirement and wants to settle the bank. He wants R55000 for it. Never seen a sand road. looking to sell my hilux. Nice vehicles but probly would need a lift and muds. Full Traction control with hill decent.
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

Post by hentey »

Yeah,we live to expierence things,so that we can talk about them around the camp fire.In future your voice will be dominating the conversation.(That is if you go for the L.R.) On second thought I might be :mrgreen:
It is your choice anyway.Tough decision,and keep us posted. :) :)
Riceburner
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Riceburner »

Probly get it if I can get a decent price for my lux.
Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rampie »

hentey wrote:In future your voice will be dominating the conversation.(That is if you go for the L.R.)
hUH?
:?:
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by hentey »

Dit is omdat ek Ingels moet tik my friend,dan druk ek my verkeerd uit.Wat ek bedoel is dat jy baie te vertel sal he,oor die breke,langs die pad gaan staan,duur parte ens.Dit is nou tong in die kies humor
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by ToyX4 »

Darryl, no offence, but the D2 cannot remotely compare to a D3.

They're the same, but VERY different.
hentey wrote:Dit is omdat ek Ingels moet tik my friend,dan druk ek my verkeerd uit.Wat ek bedoel is dat jy baie te vertel sal he,oor die breke,langs die pad gaan staan,duur parte ens.Dit is nou tong in die kies humor
I think you might be referring to Darryl if he buys a D2..? Don't think the D3's are that bad.

Net om seker te maak Andre, as jy die D3 koop, raak maar goeie pelle met Mnr Daly, sodat jy goeie diens ook kry, in geval jy dit nodig het :D:
ImageImage
Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rampie »

I've spoken to the people who drive D3's at work. The all have one thing to say: Best car ever owned! Guess they havent owned a Hilux between them, but then it's senior people who I would associate with Mercs and such, so it can't be too bad. Neither of them report any major problems.
Riceburner
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Riceburner »

I got a offer of R85 000 for my lux, Disco owner will take 45 000. What must I do?
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by ToyX4 »

Buy a Conquest or Corrola :twisted:
ImageImage
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Re:what must i do?

Post by hentey »

OK Riceburner here it comes. YOU ARE ASKING THE WRONG PEOPLE HERE!!!!!!! Do you realy want the Lux manne to answer your question? :twisted: :twisted: A hilux in your hand is worth more 3 discos man!!!!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rampie »

Riceburner wrote:I got a offer of R85 000 for my lux, Disco owner will take 45 000. What must I do?
Disco2 - How much do you like walking / pushing?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

See my post about Hilux wanted....
Riceburner
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Riceburner »

Deal cancelled, shew. TX for the support.

Return to “Other Vehicles”