Second tank overfuelling

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Henk Bakkie
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '93Hilux DC 2.2 4x4

Second tank overfuelling

Post by Henk Bakkie »

MY Lux leaks fuel from the main tank overflow when both tanks are full and I park on a slight downhill.

The aux tank obviously overfuels the main tank, resulting in this leaking. I would like to fit a valve between the two - in the fuel line - to stop this problem, and at the same time isolate the two tanks - in case of damage to one I would not lose all fuel.

Any suggestions from fellow Lux owners, on specific valves, that have done this - or experienced the same problem?

Many thanks
____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Om dood te gaan is geen kuns nie; die slegte kry dit reg. Om te lewe is ‘n kuns; die beste kry dit nie goed reg nie.” - CJ Langenhoven
hilux hilife
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: gauteng
Vehicle: '97 hilux D/C 2.7i 3RZ

Re: Second tank overfuelling

Post by hilux hilife »

hi henk
I have the same problem with my long range extra tank fitted and the problem was the fuel leaking on the main tank vent pipe. The reason is that in my case the second tank is installed higher up than the original tank and the fuel is constanly flowing into the original tank and even up the breather and leaks. i have extended the breather pipe up higher than the second tank. however when I can I will isolate the two tanks and inlcude a stop cock in the feeder line. the inconvience of stopping to let fuel through to the main tanks is less than the filling problems and the leaks I have.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Second tank overfuelling

Post by CasKru »

The valve at the end of your breather might be faulty or missing. It is only supposed to let air in (as far as I know) and keep the fuel from going out. Mine has the same problem but I haven't had the time to sort it out.
To God be the glory

Return to “The Workshop”