Hilux Spares in Cape Town?

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Darcor
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: 2002 Hilux 2.7 4x4 DC

Hilux Spares in Cape Town?

Post by Darcor »

Any Hilux 4x4 enthusiasts in Cape Town know where we can get spares for a 1994 Hilux 4x4 2.4 (22R)?
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Re: Hilux Spares in Cape Town?

Post by Mr_B »

Darren it depends on what exactly you are after and the suburb you are in...

For engine spares you can try MasterParts(Bellville and Kenilworth) and Alert Engine Spares(Parow IIRC)... they sell decent pirate parts... if you want original obviously Toy themselves... in the northern suburbs, Brackenfell, Goeie Hoop Onderdele carry a large variety of spares, 021 981 4501... speak to Ivan...

B :thumbup:
Darcor
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Darcor »

Thank you Bretton for your reply. Goeie Hoop Motor Spares are great and just around the corner from me. I should have mentioned things like Free Wheel Hubs, EFI Manifold for 22r Motor, Crawler Gear, Diff Locker for Rear...etc. Where did you get your kit from?
Toybox
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilex
Club VHF Licence: X100

Post by Toybox »

Darren my man, the lockers and crawlers are import only items. As is the EFI manifold, but its difficult to get. The other import parts are available but not cheap at all.

I have a guy that can source the parts for you but he's in Polokwane. He can courier to you but then you'll need someone that side to fit.
Darcor
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Darcor »

Hey Jonathan, thanks for reply. I'm keen to restore my newly aquired '94 Hilux. Want to build a go anywhere beast. I like doing things myself too...if the going gets tough though I have a brilliant Mechanic Buddy who's always available. Please forward the Oke's details in Polokwane. I want to know what he can and can't get on my shopping list. Much thanks for your interest.
Toybox
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilex
Club VHF Licence: X100

Post by Toybox »

Call Ronald (oh ate too three seven six five three seven ate), tell him I referred you.

Just one thing, you say 'newly acquired', have you found your new toys limits that you want more 'addons'? I only ask because the SFA's pretty capapable in their stock standard form. A tyre size increase, aftermarket suspension and maybe a locker and you can go just about anywhere.

But if you've got the itch then by all means, Ronald can hook you up....
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Crooza VX 80 EFI
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Post by zepplin »

Darren, get hold of Riaan (ToyX4 on this forum) via PM. He is bringing in a few EFI units from the States for the 22R. Takes some time to get here but they are not avaulable locally unless you are luckier than Jacob Zuma. (Sorry Mods) :angel:
Crooza VX 80 efi - fully locked.
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by zepplin »

I do have a brand new, unused ARB airlocker (in the box) which will fit your front diff (also rear diff if you have the imported one). I could be persuaded to part with it (R8500-00). If you are set on a locker, you can't get better than this one - just ask around.
Darcor
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Darcor »

Hey Steve, you Hilux oke's are very helpful...thanks alot. How do I check to confirm my rear diff is an import? Want rear diff lock. Thanks for Riaan details. Cheers.
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by zepplin »

Look the diff from the rear of the vehicle. If the casing has a removeable cover at the back it is a local Gearmax diff. The import diff's housing is solid & it means the centre portion of the diff must be removed from the front (propshaft side). The import diff was fitted as standard to the earlier model vehicles & Toyota then changed to the local Gearmax diff around 1993/4 (not sure exactly when). The import diff is the preferred one as it is somewhat stronger than the local one. I recently had a quote from Gearmax in Cape Town for them to fit their difflock to the local diff on by vehicle & was quoted R6210-00 excluding the switch to fit to the dash. This can be bought from the agents seperatley for R375 & Gearmax will install it when fitting the locker.

Return to “The Workshop”