Flower viewing Western Cape

Planning a trip or you need information about trails in your area.
Ego10
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 2010 DC Legend 40

Flower viewing Western Cape

Post by Ego10 »

Hi guys, i need some help. i am new to cape town and love exploring. What i can gather is that the Cederberg is the place to be on weekends. where can one go to view the best flowers day trips/weekends from Cape Town? your input will be much appreciated. Jaco
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Re: Flower viewing Western Cape

Post by Niel »

Jaco, welcome to the forum :thumbup: I would suggest the Tankwa Karoo (possibly the National park) and Namakwaland but the specific towns/farms/area I am not sure of. I will be following to see the replys
wacky
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: 1996 dc raider 2,4

Post by wacky »

Hello jaco,first things 1st,where is the picture of your hilux :thumbup:
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

You must hurry because here by us most flowers are going down. I am not sure up north but they wont last forever.
Read this trip report it is a nice scenic route. http://www.africatrips.co.za/cape-town- ... ound-trip/
If you can you can go from Enjo Life straight on over the DoornRiver (if not in flood) to Tankwa.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Ego10 wrote:Hi guys, i need some help. i am new to cape town and love exploring. What i can gather is that the Cederberg is the place to be on weekends. where can one go to view the best flowers day trips/weekends from Cape Town? your input will be much appreciated. Jaco

Howzit Jaco

Welkom to the Forum of Dreams :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jaco, I took the Family into the Weskos Nature Reserve on Saturday (80km from the City up the R27 Coast Road), the Flowers at Potsberg are still amazing. :P :thumbup:

We were treat to a wonderful display and the views over the Lagoon are breathtaking. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm off to Clanwilliam just nou but I don't expect to see a better display than the one on show at Potsberg. :D:

(Potsberg is the North West corner of the Weskos Nature Reserve which is ONLY OPEN during flowe seaason) :o:

Welkom again, happy blomme hunting :wink:

Rich
Ego10
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Ego10 »

hi, thanks for all the input, much appreciated guys. Deon, i will load my hilux picture tomorrow. Weskus National Park will be excellent for a day visit, will do that on Saturday. Tankwa will be a weekend trip for another weekend.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Ego10 wrote:hi, thanks for all the input, much appreciated guys. Deon, i will load my hilux picture tomorrow. Weskus National Park will be excellent for a day visit, will do that on Saturday. Tankwa will be a weekend trip for another weekend.

Enjoy Jaco

And Bonus it's all free with a Wild Card, :o:

Go WILD :P :P

Here's a few peekchaz from last Saturday's Visit to Postberg
Attachments
Postberg - Flowers.jpg
Postberg - Priti n pinkas.jpg
Postberg - Pretticus Flowerum.jpg
Postberg - View over Lagoon.jpg
Niel

Post by Niel »

Some pics from 3 weeks ago at West Coast National Park
Attachments
Weskus Nature Reserve Juan verjaar 2 143 (Large).jpg
Weskus Nature Reserve Juan verjaar 2 138 (Large).jpg
Weskus Nature Reserve Juan verjaar 2 127 (Large).jpg
Weskus Nature Reserve Juan verjaar 2 125 (Large).jpg
Weskus Nature Reserve Juan verjaar 2 143 (Large) (2).jpg
Weskus Nature Reserve Juan verjaar 2 019 (Large).jpg
Weskus Nature Reserve Juan verjaar 2 014 (Large).jpg
Niel

Post by Niel »

some info on the park
Attachments
West_Pots_Park_3 (Large).jpg
West_Pots_Nature_2 (Large).jpg
Weskus_Potsberg Nature_1 (Large).jpg
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Da flowers are gone now. You might see the odd one or two flowers but most of it are gone.
This weekend is also the last weekend that PostBerg is open.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Eeeeeish the family and I visited the Cederberg this past weekend and discovered a new 4x4 Trail which presented us with some of the best flower viewing we've ever had

Shame that we drove over so many flowers but this Trail is right in the thick of it and a real virgin.

I'll post a full Trail Report soon, the Trail is a Grade 3 with the "Farmer's Secret" which was pushing a 4 and 1/2 :P
Ego10
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Ego10 »

Hi guys, did go to the West Coast National Park on the 19th. It was really nice to see the smaller things in life. Coming from Pretoria we are so used to always see the big 5. We really enjoyed it especially a big fat puffadder lying in the road. The only bad part was that while we were looking at the puffadder, cars came driving at speed past us ignoring my warning signals and the poor snake was almost run over. I look forward to exploring more of the western cape especially the less travelled back routes. If you have any special places in mind please let me know.

Thanks

Return to “Places to go”