9 October 2010 - AAWDC CAPE INTERCLUB TROPHY 2010

NUGGET
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: IFS 2.7 DC 4x4

Re: 9 October 2010 - AAWDC CAPE INTERCLUB TROPHY 2010

Post by NUGGET »

I am making myself availible for the 9th Oct, as a marshal or co driver, but I must warn you that I have never done this and have never been to an event like this, so instruction will be needed.
I am also trying to get off work on the 2nd so I can assist in setting the gate up. So will let you know soon.
ThysdJ
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

NUGGET wrote:I must warn you that I have never done this and have never been to an event like this
You worry too much Andrew, you'll be fine... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
NUGGET
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by NUGGET »

i am availible for the 2nd as well to help set up. :dance1:
so I shall be waiting for a call from the team captain
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Andrew, not to worry, I also nether did something like this before.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Can I suggest: If I may?

Do something different - out of the ordinary ....be friendly with the participants :lol: :lol: :lol:

1) Make use of the radio's provided by the Club - something like a driver / co-pilot (let the co-pilot stand in the middle of the obstacle and navigate the driver through the course blindfolded) Points are then deducted for driving into poles etc.

2) Paint ball, at the end of the obstacle let the driver and co-pilot get out of the vehicle. The co-pilot gets the gun with x10 bullets and the driver gets a overcoat and helmet. The aim is for the driver to remain moving and the more bullets he is hit with the more points the team can gain. (co-pilot's revenge.... :yahoo: )

Just an idea, simple but fun!
NUGGET
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by NUGGET »

I can see Alan looking like this :beg: if we have a paintball gun and Werner gets to shoot. :lmao:

I like this idea
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

We got some posters to advertise the event last night. I will leave some at Allan (AEW) and Gysie (GOMAD) this morning, so if you feel like picking one up to stick in your car's window, go and pick it up from them. There are only a limited number of posters so if it is gone.. sorry. :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

I went to the meeting last night and would like to give you some feedback.

For the guys who thought it would be a tough difficult trail, sorry to disappoint you.
For those who are scared of difficult obstacles, good news, its gonna be fun.

The events is aimed at family fun. It will be a "Boeresport" on wheels. The obstacles will not be difficult. The emphasis is more on team work and strategy than on driving difficult and dangerous obstacles.

1. There must be six vehicles each with co-driver, I think we must have an extra 2 vehicles on standby in case somebody withdraw or do not pitch for some unforeseen reason.
2. We must have 4 Marshals
3. Each vehicle must have a recovery kit, spade, fire extinguisher, recovery points, spare wheel, etc.
4. We can camp over on Friday night, it will be a very basic camp with mobile toilets but no other luxuries like showers, etc, it is in the veld.
5. Catering at reasonable prices will be supplied. There will be a cash bar but alcohol will only be sold after the last obstacle has been completed.
6. All drivers and co-drivers will get a voucher for a free meal in the morning.(bacon and egg rolls and coffee)
7. There will be a morning session, lunch break and then afternoon session and it should be all finished by 16h00.
8. Obviously no drinking and driving.
9. Indemnity forms must be signed and handed in before 2 Oct, marshals must also sign these forms.
10. O ja, we extra points for family participation. It will be so safe that you can even take the kids with on the trail and the team will earn extra points if the whole family participate.

Basic Program for the day:
8h00 - check vehicles for compliance, see if it has the recovery kits and safety equipment. See that all registration and indemnity forms are handed in.
9h00 - Briefing
09h30 - Events starts
Each club get max 30 minutes to complete each gate, there are 8 gates.
15h00 - Expect to complete
15h30 - Price giving

Any questions, enige vrae?

I attached the poster below.
aawdc.pdf
AAWDC fun day
(259.76 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Pieter was goed om jou te ontmoet.

Klink of dit lekker sports gaan wees, nie n kar brekery nie.
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Ja, is jammer ek kon nie bly om te kuier nie, het eers gou by Thys 'n draai gemaak en was toe darem weer so 11h00 tuis gewees. Volgende keer reel ek my dinge beter
Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator
Vehicle: Toyota

Post by Gysie »

:thumbup:
More Ouens,

kan ek vra dat al die ouens wat kan help met die bemanning van die obstacle asb vir my hulle sel nommers stuur sodat ek julle kan skakel en reelings tref wat en hoe.

Julle kan my pm of post maak nie saak nie.
Life does not consist of the cards you are dealt but in how you play the cards you are dealt!

http://www.gomad4x4.co.za
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

ahem... Ciske (Gysie) is nou amptelik aangestel as die Klaskaptein vir hierdie event. :clap: :clap:

Please give him your co-operation to make this a successful event. He can be contacted at (021)981-5544

Fanks Ciske.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

PM sent...
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Can we just look at our list again. Some people pulled out in the mean time. We need somebody to take George's place.

Remember that this will not be a difficult track, it is more about team effort and fun. The trail is so easy that the orginizers even said you can take your kids with on the trail and we will get bonus points for such family teams.

I received sponsors for Golf Shirts. :thumbup: . The first sponsor is African Offroad Academy, Thanks Anton. The other sponsor will be announced soon.
So I need a final list of participants and marshals, remember we need 6 teams and 4 marshals.
I also need your shirt sizes.
Once I ordered the shirts you will not be able to cancel anymore, unless you can get somebody the same size as you to take your place.

The list we had was:

Deelnemers:
1) Coenie/Coenie's Wife- Hilux V6
2) Allan/Werner - Hilux Halfloaf
3) Kobus vliegbakkie/Christelle
4) Pietpetoors/Elmi
5) Louis / Kobus(Tornado) is my Co driver (ROLBOS)
6) Ciske/Jaco Gomad Hilux

Supporters/Marshals:
1) Andrew- Nugget the hilux
2) Shaun - The BuTch3R (ex-Royota)
3) Anthony - Pappalolos
4) Bretton - Mr B
Last edited by pietpetoors on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added Mr B to the Marshals List
Turbo
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Brackenfell Cape Off-road Country
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic 3.5 V8

Post by Turbo »

Piet,

Aangesien my co-pilot Ciske bevorder is tot klaskaptein gaan my vrou Isabel nou my wingman/women wees. :yahoo:

Jaco - XXL
Isabel - XL
.Only when we are no longer afraid,do we begin to live
www.capeoffroad.co.za
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Goeie idee Jaco, dus het ons nog 'n familie span wat blykbaar bonus punte is.
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Jaco, op die vorige inligting wat ek ontvang het, het ek aangeteken jy soek 'n XL en Ciske XL, ek sien hieronder se jy nou XXL, is dit reg so?
Turbo
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Brackenfell Cape Off-road Country
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic 3.5 V8

Post by Turbo »

Ja asb.

Het so paar ponde aangesit gedurende die winter :oops:
.Only when we are no longer afraid,do we begin to live
www.capeoffroad.co.za
Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

Pietpetoors - Ek neem aan ek val saam met die Marshals dus is ons 5 want ek mag mos nie co pillot daardie dag nie
Life does not consist of the cards you are dealt but in how you play the cards you are dealt!

Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

To all the guys who are assisting me on this day - THANKS I will be contacting you within next week to chat and make arrangements.

Thys - does the club have any banners for us to put up at the obstacle and If anyone can think of more Idees to make our obstacle cool please feel free to share. :twisted:

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Yes, we do have banners, they are either with Niel or Thys
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Ciske ek sal die banners vir jou gee, hulle is hier by my... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

I received this from the organizers this morning, so all participants and marshals please take note:
First off I know everyone is excited and wants to be part of the setting up but we must make an appeal to only let the marshals and helpers be present on Saturday.

We will have an attendance register for all to sign and unfortunately if the teams are not there on Saturday that could mean a penalty will be imposed for the next Saturday.

So what will happen on Saturday?

Meet at the main gate of the Ou Trekpad Trail at 11h45 am, we will leave from there at 12h00 pm sharp to go to the designated area.

You must bring all the completed entry and indemnity forms with on Saturday.

A few people have faxed their entry forms and indemnity forms through; most of them have not given indemnity forms through for the Co-Drivers.

Remember without a Co-Driver you will not be able to take part as the event is designed to test your skills as a team. (extra points for family as co-driver or in the vehicle)

We are not allowing the swapping of co-drivers as this will be unfair in certain of the gates and give you an advantage.

We need signed indemnity forms for your marshals as well.

Any helper will also be required to sign indemnity forms.

So once we arrive at the designated area we will take the teams to their obstacle, unfortunately here we will have to rely on your patience and wait for Clerk Of The Course Craig Parsons to come show you how to set your gate out.

You must bring spades with, poles and flags if you have them. You may be required to remove dead trees and branches

In order to ensure that the poles, flags etc do not disappear, Craig and our team will collect them afterwards and put them out on the Friday prior to the event.

Please mark your equipment and keep track of the number supplied so that we can return it to you.

On the Saturday 09-10-2010 the Marshalls at the gates will be responsible for removing the poles, flags and barrier tapes and returning it to the organizers who in turn will give it back to the respective owners.

The marshals must also ensure that the area is clean of litter.

All the miscellaneous items needed to do the fun part at each gate will be given to you on the Saturday morning of the event at the drivers briefing.

Any special requirements for the Marshals at the gate will be communicated to them to arrange beforehand.

I trust it is as clear as mud and that we will see your team’s representatives on Saturday.

All team representatives’s to advise me by Thursday latest of your receipt of this email and your attendance on Saturday.

I am sure by now everyone knows where Ou Trekpad is, if not please look at http://www.outrekpad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or contact me.
Regards
Ashley
Ps at the team representatives meeting held on 08 September 2010 it was felt that it was a good idea to have a breath analyser test at the start and end of the event so please warn your drivers and co-drivers.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

I note on the indemnity form that you must read/understand the event rules... I took a look around on the event website, but can't find the rules... or am I missing something... where are they?

Mr B
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

You must bring spades with, poles and flags if you have them...
Pieter does the club have any flags and poles? Hilux4x4.co.za branded flags would be very cool!
Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

Mr B,

If we dont have poles please let me know so that I can have my guys make a few I have also arranged barrier tape and reflective jackets.

Thanks for you assistance with this - you know that we where going to do a trip this weekend which I had to cancel with the big boss (wife) :aggresive:

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Ciske has indicated he won't make it on Sat the 2nd Oct, but according to the above only the marshals must be there, so that's no problem. So far myself and the BuTch3R(Shaun) will be there on Saturday...

Pappalolos(Anthony), Nugget(Andrew)... are you guys going to make it this Sat for setup??

Mr B
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

I will drop off the Hilux4x4 Club teardrop banners at GOMAD tomorrow. Then you guys can use them on the day of the event. There are 2 of them. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Received this from Ashley today:
Good Day All

Just a gentle reminder that only Marshals and Helpers and the team representative should attend on Saturday.

Drivers and Co-Drivers are not invited ….. Don’t take this badly but we want them to be surprised on the day.

I believe the sentence below might have caused the confusion- I was referring to the teams of Marshals and helpers.

We will have an attendance register for all to sign and unfortunately if the teams are not there on Saturday that could mean a penalty will be imposed for the next Saturday.

Anyhow, I am sorry for any confusion caused and hope to see all the non-drivers on Saturday.

Kind Regards
Ashley
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Can I stand in as team rep for Ciske for the setup day? Turns out he is committed to their business related trip this weekend...

Any news from Nugget? To date only myself and Shaun have confirmed we are going to do the setup...
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Nugget says he'll be there, just spoke to him on the phone a while ago. You just got promoted to Klaskaptein Bretton... but you need to drum up another Marshal now too in the place og Mr Gysie. How about mmmmmm naaah bad idea... and I'm not available, I have a gig in Citrusdal on Saturday.. :twisted: :twisted:

Isnt Mr Pappalolos(Anthony) Shaun's mate?
Thys de Jager

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

No fanks Thys... Ciske is happy to continue as Klaskaptein, he is just not available this Saturday... we'll leave it as a temporary promotion... dankie!
NUGGET
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by NUGGET »

Mr B, where do we meet on Sat, or do we just go through and meet at Ou trekpad?
By the way how was the merlot?
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Important matters first... the Merlot was great... you got more? In fact I think OOOOMS is hoping you got so more as well...

I think we can meet at GoMad's premise, around the corner from Goeie Hoop Onderdele, at 10:30(I drive a 4Y SFA, will take a while to get there...) and drive through from there?
NUGGET
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by NUGGET »

I shall see you there. I think i only have about 20 bottles of merlot left.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Just an update on attendance for this Sat, 2 Oct...

Marshalls:
The Butch3r(Shaun) - confirmed
Nugget(Andrew) - confirmed
Shimano(Wynand) - confirmed(helping out for setup)
Pappalolos(Anthony) - pending

Team Rep:
Mr B(Bretton) - confirmed(standing in for Ciske)

If Pappalolos can't make it, we will need to find another marshal for setup!

Thats guys!
Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

:thumbup:
Mr B and marshalls I wont to thank you guys for assisting me I really appreciate it. I will most definetly have to have a braai on the house for you guys.

I must say I am proud to be a member of this club!! :yahoo:

Thanks

the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

Pappalolos has confirmed, he'll be joining us for setup. :thumbup:

Are we going through in one truck, or do we need to bring our own vans....to test the obstacles off course :twisted:
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Don't forget to have a braai afterwards with some cold one's.

With our event, the AAWDC supplied x2 vehicles and tested the obstacle, not sure if you will have the same?

And a camera!!!
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Mr B and others, you will also have to determine the point system to the others on the day :wink2:
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Mark dont give the guys ideasss ... :)

Mr B I will also be there, and look forward to put a face to the name.

BUT I will be representing that "other" forum ... :)

driving ... uhm ja welll ..... the organisers are keeping a TIGHT lid on this event. Even the marchalls will only get the final brief on the morning of the event. I am sure this will be a NICE event - nuff said
Ashley
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Vehicle: Hilux Raider 3l DC 2010
Club VHF Licence: D04

Post by Ashley »

Big Brother is watching..... :lol: :lol:

It will all be revealed on the day. The rules has been sent through with the other correspondence, I am sure Pieter has posted it in this thread.

Each driver will be given a booklet explaining what must happen at each gate, there are gates allocated to the teams as well as time slots.

Very similar to Gauteng.

The rules are not disimilar to other events but there will be a drivers briefing as well as a marshal's briefing. Mainly common sense.

See you guys on Saturady.

ps I am the one driving a HILUX :yahoo:
Last edited by Ashley on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Ashley wrote:ps I am the one driving a HILUX :yahoo:
No no... you got that wrong... I'm the one driving the Hilux! :mocking:
Ashley
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Ashley »

[/quote]

No no... you got that wrong... I'm the one driving the Hilux! :mocking:[/quote]

If you insist. :angel:
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

So what do we need to take with for setup tomorrow gents?

Spade, Rope, axe, saw, etc.

:?:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

That 100's... maybe add some coolant!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Was good to meet you guys.

Seems we will have some good fun next weekend. :)

Jammer julle het nie n kamera reg gehad toe Elders sy neus so mooi optel nie ..... :)

PIETER - die manne van die forum het n LEKKER "gate" (obstacle) aanmekaar gesit. Die span gees was PUIK, en toe n ander groep hulp nodig het was dit die Hilux manne en die 4x4Comunity forum wat ingespring het om te help.
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

Yeah. I think our gate is gonna be a lot of fun. Especially "Mr_B se gat" that had ELDERS up on his hind legs, like a white stallion.
Looking forward to Saturday.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Well done to the Hilux4x4 boys, loads of team spirit... :thumbup: loads horse fly bites... :evil: but that didn't deter us!

Remember the insect repellant... loads of it... and coolant... I'll bring a pick-axe with just in case we need another tweak or 2... :twisted:
NUGGET
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by NUGGET »

Mr B, my pickaxe is packed already. I to think we need a few tweaks, i am planing on getting there a little earlier than discussed. What time are we meeting up on Saterday morning? Gysie do you need anymore help with poles, tennis balls, PVC pipe etc, just give me a shout.
NUGGET
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by NUGGET »

Where are the hilux groot manne (the decision makers), I have an idea how we can add a little extra cash to our club's account. We need a gazebo, table some chairs, and big signage and a couple of cans of tabbot, tabbert :?: what ever this is called. We don't sell the unit, but we sell per coating, because I know those horseflys are going to have a party with the mense there on the 9th. Think about it, it might just work. And for the other clubs reading this, this idea is copyrighted so any sales from your side and royalties will have to be paid, lets say 20% and 80% if you dirve a square car :D:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

I've got a nasty itchy bite on both my arm... feel sorry for you chaps that pitched up in shorts...
NUGGET
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by NUGGET »

It looks as if I have chickenpox on my legs, but lucky for me they are not itching. Mr B if your arms are itching don't blame the horseflys, you need to use a little soap and water to stop the itching. :taunt: :laugh2:
Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

Hey Guys !!!

Thanks for all the help on Saterday and I am proud to say that we had the best turn out like Mr B said we asked for 4 Marshalls we get 8 - I wont mention names of clubs that only had one guys and some 0.

Thanks again and we will take this challange home.

I am bringing 2 gazebos for the day.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

OJA !

Nugget - can you get us some of that pvc pipe !!

Thanks

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Are you guys going to be needing the radio's?
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

No George, Ciske from GOMAD offered to sponsor radios. :thumbup:
Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

Hi George,

I managed to arrange 10 handhelds for the club for the day but thanks anyway.

NUGGET
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by NUGGET »

Gysie. money is tight this month, but maybe i can squeeze a few pennies and buy a length or two, but it will not be enough for all the poles.
Ashley
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Ashley »

Mr_B wrote:I've got a nasty itchy bite on both my arm... feel sorry for you chaps that pitched up in shorts...
Thanks I had a good laugh now.... Shame those bugs can bite sore, we went through two Saturday's in a row. Tabard did not help we need something stronger.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ON SATURDAY GUYS. Your enthusiasim is highly appreciated.

Good Luck for this coming Saturday. :D: :D:

Return to “Western Cape”