Members' DIY projects
Eyeman
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Jeffreys Bay
Vehicle: Hilux KZ-TE D/C 4x4

Lights on buzzer

Post by Eyeman »

I saw a post on the Landcruiser forum regarding an inexpensive lights on buzzer:

A 12V buzzer fitted to fuses in fuse box : red wire to light fuse and black wire to guage fuse .

Would this also work for the Hilux? If so, what fuses does one attach the buzzer to?
Attachments
buzzer.jpg
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Lights on buzzer

Post by OOOOMS »

Read here for more info by GertC: May help!

http://www.hilux4x4.co.za/lights-reminder/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Gert built the lights-on buzzer into his design dual batt controller... it's saved me twice!
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Another alternate - connect the positive of the buzzer to the park lights and the the negative to the door switch.
If the lights are on and the door opens, the door switch completes the circuit and connects the buzzer to ground.

Cost: just the buzzer and some wire (no diodes)

Hope this helps and makes sense. :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Sounds like a practical plan, Tumelo! :thumbup: There would however have to be a switched positive and a switched negative ... does either of those (parks or door) have a switched negative? Remember the vehicle is wired negative to earth (body). :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

The parks are the switched positive and the door switch the switched negative, it works. I have LED's installed by the feet in the front - the buzzer I do not think is any different in terms of connections.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Great! I'll check it out on the SFA ... hopefully it's the same set up. Ja, a buzzer / warning light, either or should do the trick .... buzzer is audible, so probably better and one can tuck it away anywhere. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Two diodes and on buzzer.

The diodes prevents battery drain, and also that the "other doors" activate the buzzer.

Cut the wire at the driver side door and insert the diodes here, with the buzzer in the line from the "lights on signal". On the platkar I got the signal from the park light, on the Hilux I got this signal from the loom at the steering column.

ps - sorry for the rough sketch ... :blushing:
Attachments
P5050011.JPG
Jan Ferreira
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by Jan Ferreira »

There is a very neat kit you can buy from electronics 123 for about R100. I used the wire to the dashboard lights to sense that the lights are on, the ACC ON for the power (if you switch off the buzzer sounds wen the lights are on) and earthed the other wire. Works lik a dream.

Return to “Build your own:”