No spark on 4y electronic ignition sometimes

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
jontheron
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: jhb
Vehicle: 95 hilux

No spark on 4y electronic ignition sometimes

Post by jontheron »

Hi everyone

I seem to have this little gremlin in my dizi and can't pin point the dam thing :blink: ,it's a 4y from Gemini :blushing: She usaly starts and runs without a problem sometimes for a few minutes sometimes the whole day all depends how she feels has anyone had the same problem or know of what it could be ?
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Re: No spark on 4y electronic ignition sometimes

Post by Mr_B »

Check the air gap between the magnetic pickup and trigger wheel tooth... if the gap is just a little too big no pulse will be picked up!

The gap should be 0.2mm! The ching chong elec-dizi shafts have a horrible habit of bending, so spin the shaft by hand, checking that there is no play, and that the gap between the trigger wheel teeth and pickup remain constant. It is also possible that the coil is on it's way out!

Honestly I'd replace it with an original Toyota electronic dizi asap, cause the ching chong ones do give hassles!
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Mr_B wrote:Check the air gap between the magnetic pickup and trigger wheel tooth... if the gap is just a little too big no pulse will be picked up!

The gap should be 0.2mm! The ching chong elec-dizi shafts have a horrible habit of bending, so spin the shaft by hand, checking that there is no play, and that the gap between the trigger wheel teeth and pickup remain constant. It is also possible that the coil is on it's way out!

Honestly I'd replace it with an original Toyota electronic dizi asap, cause the ching chong ones do give hassles!
Ditto.....
To God be the glory
RooiLux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria-Mayville
Vehicle: 1992 2.2-EFI Hilux 4x4 with Maus conversion,freeflow,Rear Electric Locker'2005 BMW 320i, 2015 Hilux 3d4d dc 4x4

Post by RooiLux »

CasKru wrote:
Mr_B wrote:Check the air gap between the magnetic pickup and trigger wheel tooth... if the gap is just a little too big no pulse will be picked up!

Ditto.....
Ditto x2

If you still dont come right give Louis a call as he builds/modifies the dizzy's and has a wealth of knowledge

Return to “The Workshop”