96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1996 Toyota Hilux 4x4 DC Almost Lexus V8

Re: Luxi is getting the Lexus 1UZ VVTi

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Rusland.... Eish lol

Theo i thought of going spitronics when we first ran into the ecm immobilizing issue. But they cannot run the 5 speed auto so im stuffed. Seems like all coils and that is fine cause it idles smooth. When you try and rev it manually it revs up quickly sounding fine, but then the ecm cuts it off. You have to switch off and wait. And then its almost as if it resets and it starts again.

Im now thinking to get a way to bypass the drive by wire. And let Mark mod the throttle body to open with the cable. We just need to give the ecm correct dummy signal from the pedal. We will find a way
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Lyk of die goed as Taxis daar gebruik was. Die ding waarvoor mens soek is 'n Accelerator Link
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

Met die kabel gaan die Ecu ook in limp mode in gaan en net idle.
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Nee ek verstaan, dis wat hy nou doen as ons hom manually voor try rev, maar as die ecm "dink" daars n pedal, sal dit werk. so ons moet net uitsort, of uitvind hoekom daai pedal nie werk nie

weetnie of daai reg is, dan so min verskil in voltage output dit sal doen nie. het gedink hy sal dalk die butterfly probeer oopmaak, of some beweging voor hy in limp ingaan, maar mark se niks, hy vrek nie eers nie, so dit beteken hy tel dit nie opnie of iets??

sal ma sien. Sal wee da draai more, en Saterdag, en ma brainstorm saam Mark
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

Wag net so bietjie.... Naas is daar 'n Throttle control motor wat julle gebruik? Van die pedaal af lyk mens gaan mens na 'n throttle control motor, van daar na die trottle position sensor op die throttle body op die intake...?
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

Kyk bietjie na die link, het OE part no's vir alles op die Crown. Selfs you Shifter is daar.

http://toyota.sagori.com/jp/331190/032/2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lyk of die werking van die throttle werk op van binne; van pedaal, kabel na die daai throttle motor na die TPS op throttle body.??
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

Nog een link, ek dink daar kort iets.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_J_1997_T ... CTAQK.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dis die presiese motor wat julle het. die frame no is 'n E-UZS157-CTPAQK

Ek DINK JULLE KORT PART NO 89672A onder die link:http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_1997_T ... _2211.html
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

Maak dit sin?
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Maak sin ja, maar die engine het die throttle control motor op, ons kry netnie dat die pedal, en dan die ecm hom laat werk nie

dis n wiring probleem wat ons mee sit glo ek
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: UZJ 42 LX

Post by TheoM »

If you used the Hilux water temp sensor in stead of the lexus one, then I would start there. It seems the VVTI ECU doesn't like signals from the original motor's sensors
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by TheoM »

96-Luxi 4x4 wrote:
No on the Hilux pedal its got 6 wires, not 4, and this had us worried, but after looking at the diagrams, we saw that the Hilux for some reason have basically devided the 2 signals into 2 seperate sirquites, so there are 2 x 5V supply, and 2 Grounds
Found this
I have a 4.7 equipped with a drive by wire throttle body, im putting it in a T100 prerunner and i'd rather have my foot phisically connected to the throttle.. i tried searching but didnt come up on anything, has anyone done the conversion?

i did some research and i found that the cable TB has 4 wires going to it from the ECU: VTA, VTA2, VC, and E2 which i believe are used for the throttle position sensor.
the drive by wire TB has those same 4 wires plus E+ and E- which are used to actuate the throttle motor.
the accelerator pedal has 6 leads that go to the ECU: VPA1, EP1, VCP1, VPA2, EP2, VCP2. by the diagram i have it looks like theyre used to send different voltages according to the postition of the pedal through the various wires to get a acceleration value.
if i were to change the TB i should still be able to use the existing TPS wiring to hook up to it but my concern is if i have no throttle input from the pedal going to the ECU will it still run correctly? are there any systems tied into it like VVTi or would the ECU not deliver enough fuel or the correct timing on acceleration?

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/attachme ... 1284739382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/attachme ... 1284740090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

Ok, I went to engine importer this afternoon. There they had the non immobilazed engines VVTI for about R12500, engin, autobox and wiring&Ecu.

Not alot, their not popular. Then they had the front cuts. This include the vehicle to be cutted just under half one can say of the front seat. You get for R27500;
1. Whole engine.
2. Whole autobox
3. Ecu
4. All engine & box wiring
5. Airbox & AFM
6. Complete Ignition, relays, radio, whole dash with instruments
7. Keys, immobilizer
8. All the braking, all the engine bay items.

For the moment they say the immobize units can only be 100% installed from the same Vehicle, all parts used. Or use aftermarket Ecu.

This cuts start. Just ask them before you buy.
Attachments
087.jpg
087.jpg (167.52 KiB) Viewed 7804 times
088.jpg
088.jpg (119.13 KiB) Viewed 7804 times
088.jpg
088.jpg (119.13 KiB) Viewed 7804 times
089.jpg
089.jpg (123.32 KiB) Viewed 7804 times
090.jpg
090.jpg (144 KiB) Viewed 7804 times
091.jpg
091.jpg (111.48 KiB) Viewed 7804 times
093.jpg
093.jpg (113.83 KiB) Viewed 7804 times
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Thanks Louis

Looks very interesting there.

in future, If I would attempt this again I would buy the complete front cut, maybe you can even use the radiator, and all sensors and stuff is there.

Ok seems like we had the "drive by wire" thing all wrong. The 1UZ FE VVTi does not have the electronic pedal inside the car. Rather a cable that still operates a wheel on the throttle body. But here comes the thing, its almost "partial" drive by wire.

The wheel on the throttle body is not directly connected to the butterfly, but this wheel is your electronic accelerator position switch (like pedal inside the car found on 3UZ or Vigo Hilux).

You operate it with the cable, it senses position and feeds that signal back to the ECU. ECU the signals throttle control motor on opposite side of throttle body to open the butterfly. Underneath the motor is the throttle position sensor that gives throttle position signal back to the ECU, and that then influences timing and EFI.

Mark had the wiring right the first time, but it didn't want to rev, so its missing something else. If tomorrow we cannot rev it, OUT with the harness and ECU, send to Timothy at Lextreme on Monday, and let them sort out the complete harness and ECU

That way we save time, and when we get it back its just plug in and it should work.

Im giving it 2 weeks then I want it back. Done and Dusted
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

That is what I wanted to tell you Friday, forgot about the cable, almost every Engine I saw had the Cable on that blacke throttle wheel. :oops:
PJH
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: Legend 40 4x4 D/C

Post by PJH »

Bly om te sien hier gebeur weer iets.

Ek dink hier is 'n paar manne wat brand om te sien wat gebeur...

Sterkte Naas...die projek toets omtrent jou geduld :|
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Toets my geduld, dis verseker. :problem:

Ok, so we have ran into some issues, but its a good learning curve for Mark and I. Gearbox and transfer is coming out again. :shock:

We found that the back cover that Mark took off the 5 speed auto gearbox, as he would with the 4 speed to fit the transfercase coupling, actually hold the 5th gear and output speed sensor. so its back to the drawing board. Putting another gearbox in (as the one we had in, Mark cut the shaft at the back for the coupling, so we cannot save that one), and re-designing and building the adaptor for the transfercase. Now this means that the transfer is now moving back so far (+- 300mm), we will have to put the 4WD shifter between the seats where the auto shifter was going, and put the auto shifter in front of it. Just hope that the auto shifter is not to much forward, as its high and this may look stupid and make the console side difficult to build. We will only know once we have done the adaptor and put everything back together again.

But for now I dont care, just want it to drive :boss:

Then lets get to the electronics. Mark is an expert on the Spitronics, and the old 1UZ and 4 speed auto. The 5 speed auto was going to be new, but how difficult can it be him and I thought, so we tackled it head on.

As mentioned before, we could start it, but it could not rev. In order to save time, I went to Timothy from lextreme yesterday with a complete harness, 3 ECU's, my shifter and the airflow meter we had. (yes, that means what we spent so much time on, is all coming out, complete harness and everything. all out of Luxi)

Here comes the fun part. Timothy was very helpfull, and seems to know his stuff on the original management system and the Lexus motors. He advised us that it may have been a number of things that caused it not to start. The original management is abviously much more complex than the spitronics, and if the ECU gets even 1 small issue signal wise, it wont run. So in order for Luxi to run as i want, its gonna be putting some effort in and going almost all stock Toyota / lexus equipment.
He is now gonna do the complete harness for me, prep it with a sealed box with relays and fuses, and it will be a plug and play unit. He will also try and make the shifter work, but is confident it will as they are doing one for a colt today, and will wire that up as well. So when i get it back, its plugging everything into the motor and gearbox, connect about 6 simple wires, and it should be 100%

Also buying from him the lexus Air flow meter with 100% correct housing, otherwise flow over the meter is not right, and it wont run well or limp.

The spitronics fuel pump may also have to go, but we will see when it runs how it goes, and then 1 or 2 other small things, so may end up me spensing more money at lextreme also.

After they have done their side, they test it on a test motor they have, make sure all is good and no fault codes, so I know when I get it, that part is 100%. If it gives problems on my engine, the issue is with the engine.

Its a pretty penny to get all this from Lextreme, but if its all good, its worth every sent i think.

So lets see guys, we will get it running, vvti, 5 speed and original management as i want it!!!
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by TheoM »

Good going Naas ! I know how you feel but hang in there as the end is near. Eventually you will have the exactly what you want :thumbup:
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Thanks Theo. As soon as Mark gets that adaptor sorted, we are in the home stretch. Just hope its gonna be strong enough, as the 5 speed gets small to the rear.

Lets hold thumbs :yahoo:
Gunta
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Good luck Naas, cant wait to see how it goes. :thumbup:
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Thanks Mark. I think you agree once this OEM Management is running, its going to be sweet. I think my fuel consumption will be good also. With all I have on, if I reach 7km/L Ill be happy over the moon! :acute:
Gunta
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

I really hope you get over 7m/l. :thumbup:
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Must say with the 33 Muds, bumpers front n rear, winch, lift, roof rack, roof top tent and loaded fridge Ill be lucky. :dance1:

But anything better than the 4.1 I had on the 22R is a gain! :boss:
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

Time will tell soon Naas. :thumbup:
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by TheoM »

Any news on the wiring at Lextreme Naas ?
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Theo when I saw your post i spoke with Jeandre there at lextreme quickly

He was busy with the shifter (Hilux Vigo one I bought). Cause i want to be able to shift through all the gears with the shifter as you would in the 5 speed Vigo Hilux.

He has managed to sort out the shifter and it will work, he was just busy with the Shift Lock. This works with the Vigo / Fortuner ECU, so he says he may not get that working. This means i will have to press the manual shift lock button on the shifter to release it from park everytime, not just the brake pedal. But he says there is a solinoid in the shifter, he will see if he can supply power there to release it. If this works he will wire this up to the already brake light wire that releases the shifter.

But this to me is not an issue, the fact that he sorted the shifter and that it will shift how I want is most important.

I dont know if they have finished the harness, forgot to ask. I was so happy because of the shifter. :) But Harness wise is easy for them, they are going to put an OBDII plug in as well. If they dont, Mark and i can add it, only 4 wires. Then Toyota can also plug their diagnostic tool in.

Will see if I have time to go past there tomorrow.

Wiring side seems good. Have not heard from Mark again regarding the new adaptor. This is what worries me, not the wiring anymore. Mark was busy on it, so I dont know how far they have come.

Soon guys, soon !!! :boss:
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Was at Mark's late Friday, they were doing the last small things on Jim's Hilux. Came out nice, and seems to run good.

I heard from the lextreme guys that our snorkel and standard air filter system may take performance down, as the snorkel inlet pipe through the body, and the air filter system's pipe is a bit small in diameter for the Lexus to breathe properly.

Ill see mine, and decide from there.

Ok, so wiring Im collecting on Monday. Yesterday mark finished with the adapter mockup, machining and so. he was going to see if the welders were open today, otherwise only Monday. When the welding is done, then further machining and holes. Then we can fit the new gearbox transfer setup. Check prop shafts, mod them if needed, and then that is sorted.

Drop in the new wiring, do the airflow meter (buying new one with pipe and mounting for AFM from Lextreme). Do shifter re mounting and cable (Lextreme sorted the wiring side)

And then Luxi should be driving
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by TheoM »

Good to hear Naas ! :thumbup:
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

Great!!! :thumbup:
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Ok, so Jeandre at Lextreme is basically finished with the wiring. They have some people off sick so he is running a bit late. testing today on the motor, and if all is well he will cast the box with rezin and I can collect in the morning. If (lets hope not) there is something wrong with the ECU, he will have to send one of the other units for immobilizer to be taken out, and then we will be delayed another day or 2.

have not spoken to Mark yet on the adaptor update.

Im pushing for Luxi to run end of this week. We can do Aircon next week, but it must drive this week.
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Mark took the adaptor in this morning for welding, so we await its return, then finish the machining and start to refit everything. Ill see tomorrow when I drop off the wiring.

So Jim got his back on Saturday I think. Jim, how did it do? You happy?
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Wiring is done and picked it up this morning from Lextreme. When I got there they tested it for me on a test motor, all went well. The could not test the gearbox, but according to their measurements the shifter should also work 100%. all nicely marked with plugs and all.

Must say very impressed with what they did, and this should work fine!! Dropped off at Mark but they were not there, but his guys already took my old gearbox out and was busy prepping the new one. Saw my adapter on the bench, welded, machines and holes drilled.

So its moving now. Spoke to mark at 6 this afternoon and they were busy starting to put my Harness back. Some of Luxi's wiring that Mark routed to the inside, have to come out to the engine bay again with the Lextreme setup, so that they will do tomorrow.

Hopefully they can bolt the gearbox, adapter and transfer together tomorrow and by end of this week Luxi should drive. Hope they can do the measurements of the props and get that sent in and back before end of the week.

Must say, I forgot to mention, they have done allot on Olive as well Theo. The exhausts Mark did look really nice and professional with the balance pipe and all.

The end is near, I cannot wait any longer!!! :yahoo:
Bulletjie-3
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux Raider SFA met 7M-GE engine

Post by Bulletjie-3 »

Dis n lekker gevoel en sterkte met die engine.
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by TheoM »

96-Luxi 4x4 wrote:Must say, I forgot to mention, they have done allot on Olive as well Theo. The exhausts Mark did look really nice and professional with the balance pipe and all.
Thanks Naas ! Yes we are gathering some steam now and hope to be all done by the end of the month as I still want Mark to test and drive her(not like a hooligan though :boss:) for at least a week or so to work out all the obligatory small bugs that are bound to pop up here and there.Thereafter the Mrs and I will collect her and drive her down on a bit of a road trip :cooldude:

Those exhausts are damn fine but I have to say a lot of thought and research went into them. I think we changed our plans on the balance pipe alone, about three times. I cannot wait to hear the sound as I am aiming for something specific and then to see the Dyno figures. Olive has a 3" snorkel and with those 2.5" zaursts we are hoping for some good results.I am seriously toying with the idea of opening up the air filterhousing's intake and outlet a bit more to remove any possible restriction ....
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Cool Theo, sounds like a good idea the road trip back, BUT, remember, mine should be done before yours :acute:

I was here first :lol:

So dont book your tickets yet for month end!!

If have it right, today is the 5 month anneverasy of Luxi Conversion project, and 4 months since I dropped him off, so Hopefully mine will be done in the next 2 weeks. Thats what Im pushing for. Good luck on your side. Most of the big stuff on yours are done, but I have seen the small things can also take up allot of time. If we did not run into the gearbox issue on mine, Luxi would have been done last week already.

cant wait
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by TheoM »

96-Luxi 4x4 wrote:Cool Theo, sounds like a good idea the road trip back, BUT, remember, mine should be done before yours :acute:

I was here first :lol:
:lmao: I am sure you will be finished before us ..

I actually can't wait to hear and see Luxi's figures on the dyno, myself ! :celebrate:
chanico
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: brakpan
Vehicle: toyota hilux 4x4 dc LEXI

Post by chanico »

hi ek glo ook n hilux is maar net ons groot seuns se speel goed my hilux is amper klaar lexus met 30l kze gear box volgende is maar ook sy brieke
Die man wat lexus engine kan blaas en hilux kan rol als net vir a bietjie 4x4 plesier
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Cool. lol

Dont think Mark is going to dyno it, cause we cannot tune anything on the OEM management, but I will take it afterwards to get the figures. I also need to know what its pushing on the wheels.

tried to phone Mark earlier for an update, but no asnwer
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

So spoke to Mark at about 3pm and they were busy with some of my wiring. He phoned me now again at 7:45pm, so they are putting in late hours, and this I appreciate.

Basically done with the wiring. 2 wires left, then we will finish off the shifter once the gearbox is in. Done measuring the shaft coupler, that will be machines, cut and welded tomorrow and hopefully by tomorrow late afternoon/ Friday morning gearbox will be back in with transfer etc. Then we have to measure the props and send them off. Will probably only get them back Monday, but we should be able to start, rev and run through the gears by Saturday without the props. At least then we know all works fine

Gives him time to mount the shifter, do the wiring and cable and get all of that done until the props are back.

Getting there, the light is near. I don't foresee anymore issues now, if so I'm running away :slap:
Cutman
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: 1982 Hilux 4X4 Lexus 4.0 VVTi

Post by Cutman »

Hi Naas

When I was at Mark yesterday I had a good look at your Luxi.... I think its all starting to get together...... the gearbox, transfer and exhaust were back in, Mark still had to do at that time a wire (reroute over the gearbox) that goes back to the rear brakelights I think, and a few other bits and bobs..... Not long now I think..... Holding thumbs that it will run now that everything has been rewired etc with the Lextreme black box.........
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Thanks Lourens

Yes I was there at 4pm yesterday, Luxi is starting and revving, but they did not get as far as I have hoped. And there is a funny noise coming from the Engine / Gearbox when it is started. Mark thinks its just low oil in the G-Box, so the oil pump in the gearbox is making a noise.

I hope for the Love of Hiluxes its just that, otherwise something is going to have to come out again, engine or gearbox. Its 5 months now, what will another 5 matter right? :shock: :shock:

He also said the rev counter is not working, this I will have to sort out with Lextreme, as Mark cannot check their wiring. They supply a wire you should just hook up to the old Rev wire in the engine bay. Don't know where my wire went to, cause Mark said he pulled a new wire from the cluster. Its not even moving, so I don't know. It was working 100% with old motor, so its either the Lextreme side, or Mark has the wrong wire or wrong connection, but I doubt it as he knows these clusters well he says.

Its getting there, but there is still a few things to do. Props will only go in Monday, so hoping to get them back and in by Tuesday. Then they need to mount the auto shifter inside, finish the transfer-case shifter and bracket, and make a big mod to the cross member, cause with the 5 speed everything moves back about 300mm. That allot and changes everything. Then we can top up all oils and drive, then only we will see if there is an issue with the engine or gearbox. lets pray not.

After that its the console, and the aircon.

Ag lets hopw it all comes together soon, I really miss my car, and dont know if I will every do something like this again.
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by TheoM »

Hang in there Naas, it will be worth it ! It is not long to go now :thumbup:
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

:think: I Hope so

:thumbup:
PERS KERS
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: HILUX,CRUISER,FORTUNER

Post by PERS KERS »

Genade manne ,ek het die threat n rukkie terug gelees. Mis ek iets?, iewers het iemand nie hulle huiswerk gedoen nie . As ek lees dan haal hulle die enjin uit, drade word gedoen voor enjin in bakkie is , enjin en auto word gepas sonder adaptor vir transfer (101 propshaft lengtes). Volgens my kennis haal jy die enjin 2 keer uit,en dis as jy die enjin bay wil spray. Voor jy so n projek aanpak vind jy alles uit oor die verskillende adaptors shifters ect. Hierdie is nou n goeie voorbeeld hoekom jy n enjin koop wat idle op n stand, vvti of nie veral as jy std ecu wil gebruik. groete
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by TheoM »

PERS KERS wrote:Genade manne ,ek het die threat n rukkie terug gelees. Mis ek iets?,
Dis jammer dat jou "kerslig" nie daardie tyd reeds so helder geskyn het soos nou nie ? Wie weet, miskien kon jy die manne toe reeds lekker gehelp het ? :?
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Lol
Alex, I hear you, but we are getting there now.
PERS KERS
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: HILUX,CRUISER,FORTUNER

Post by PERS KERS »

Theo dis 101 ombouing wat hier kort is nie n liggie nie. Kyk n bietjie na my advies of voorstelle in vorige thearts bv 1UZFE vvti, die eerste wat die manne oor kla is geld maar hulle wil n klein V8 in hulle bakkies he. As jy dit reg doen vandag een af is daar nie probleme nie maar dit kos tyd en geld. Ek sal weer inloer as die theart op page 13 is. groete
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

lol. Thanks Alex, hopelik op Bl 13 is da al fotos waar ek met Luxi n obstacle doen met die V8 :thumbup:
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Got a mail from Jim, now driving his V8 for 2 weeks. he hasnt worked out the fuel yet, but seems very happy and impressed with the power. Good feedback.

Jim, post some details when you have time
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by TheoM »

Good to hear !

Whats happening with Luxi Naas ?
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Dont know. Mark said the props are not back yet but xmember is in. Waiting for his update in the week
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

Almost there. :thumbup:
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Jip

Spoke to mark late yesterday, props were back and in, they were changing a few things and doing last bits underneath while its on the lift. Then hopefully today start to finish the 2 shifters then it should drive.

If all goes well I can get Luxi Sat for the day, then take it back the afternoon for the aircon and console next week
Cutman
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: 1982 Hilux 4X4 Lexus 4.0 VVTi

Post by Cutman »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Naas

Sound like good news at last.........
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

Jip lol. Lets hope another delay doesnt stick its head out before then.
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by TheoM »

Lucky buggar ! :drool:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Naas, what engine are you fitting again? :angel: :twisted:
96-Luxi 4x4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by 96-Luxi 4x4 »

1 UZFE VVTi with 5 speed auto
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: gauteng
Vehicle: hilux

Post by mark watson »

hiya naas , have not been on for a while , too busy ,
no:1 alex , read your reply and it sucks ( thanks for the heads up theo ) one thing to bear in mind when we started this conversion i told naas i have not done the vvt with the 5 speed , vvt on its own no problem , yes we had issues with the box as you cannot drop the rear cover as it needs to be incorporated with the adaptor , fifth gear etc , which we dont do on the 4 speed , another thing when the motor went in it stayed in ( did not come out twice as you insinuate ) ( or are the words to sophisticated for you ) - thats why we have dummy motors and boxes to do the mock up , another thing is this is why i enjoy the cruiser club as you put something there that you have a problem (a) and you have plenty of guys that are willing to give info ( theo , jt , adolf , bennie , jb , thanks again and others ) even guys that will search for info ( naas , jt , theo ) , i am not bashing the hilux club but come on we are all in this together.
i appreciate the input from naas and others as yes its been a learning curve but it has not curbed the enthusiasm , i do this because i enjoy it and i dont go out to rip the guys off such as 100k to do a conversion , the only conversion excl extras has never been over 50k , and when i say all in its aircon the toot , yes the revcounter does not work in the luxi but i am not going to put my little circuit on it and then get blamed for an ecu crash as i then have to pay , but a big up to tim at lextreme as he has helped out big time with naas's bakkie ( thankyou tim ) , as for going the standard ecu again for a customer - no thanks to many things to go wrong , and i dont have control over it , even some of the ecus from toy you cannot get coms with a simple launch unit so why must i beat my head against the wall.
but to end i have enjoyed the build , and have enjoyed meeting naas and all the guys , and will endeavour to make luxi a fine ride.
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Crooza VX 80 EFI
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Post by zepplin »

Mark, interesting report back. Thanks. Most of us here have been following this build with much interest (290 posts & countless more viewings) & believe me, many of us share the frustration that must have gone along with it. Hats off to you & your team for the commitment & perseverance & patience :mexwave:

But just a comment regarding the generalization you make relating to Alex's post if I may, I don't believe that Alex is a member of the Hilux Club ( I'm sure the moderators here can confirm) but merely a forum member - there is a difference.
Crooza VX 80 efi - fully locked.
Agteros
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Toyota FJ Cruiser

Post by Agteros »

mark watson wrote: , as for going the standard ecu again for a customer - no thanks to many things to go wrong , and i dont have control over it , even some of the ecus from toy you cannot get coms with a simple launch unit so why must i beat my head against the wall.
Hi Mark - can you run the VVTi on the aftermarket ECU's? Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere.

Looks like you are one of the most experienced guys now when it comes to Lexus conversions :thumbup: . According to your experience you gained so far what would you recommend as a good conversion for a 1986 DC 2200 4x4 5 speed manual (as mine is)?
Looking forward to your opinion!
2020 FJ Cruiser
1986 Hilux DC 4x4. Sold to the Boss :cooldude:

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”