Maskam Challenge - BergKraal 4x4 - Vredendal

SideKick
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux '89 2.2 (4Y) EFI D/C 4x4, Mikem Suspension, PowerFlow Exhaust, BroSpeed Branch, 31" M/T, Long Range Fuel Tank, Front Diff-Lock
Club VHF Licence: X108

Maskam Challenge - BergKraal 4x4 - Vredendal

Post by SideKick »

Hi all

Oom Frikkie notified me last week that the Maskam Challenge this year will be held on the 25th of May. Going to be AWESOME!

Some basic information for now. BergKraal 4x4 trail is just outside Vredendal. Entry fee in R300. I’ve never done the challenge myself (I miss it every year) but I’ve done the complete trail a couple of times and words do not describe how awesome it is.
The challenges start the morning early, and then afterwards everyone goes to the school grounds for the festivities afterwards. That includes prise giving. Food. Drink. Dancing. I think I heard somewhere they’ve got live performances as well. They go all out over there.

I’ll know more tonight when oom Frikkie sends me some more information.

I’m going to push to get my EFI done or even outsource the rest of the installation because the wife’s going to give me hell if we miss this challenge again! Hope a whole bunch of us can go in a group. It’s going to be great and you won’t be disappointed!
Stress: :irate: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living $H!t out of some asshole that desperately deserves it!
Andre du preez
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: somerset west
Vehicle: hilux 2.2

Re: Maskam Challenge - BergKraal 4x4 - Vredendal

Post by Andre du preez »

Sien julle daar!! :surrender:
SideKick
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux '89 2.2 (4Y) EFI D/C 4x4, Mikem Suspension, PowerFlow Exhaust, BroSpeed Branch, 31" M/T, Long Range Fuel Tank, Front Diff-Lock

Post by SideKick »

Hi guys

Oom Frikkie came back to me with some details.

Registration will be from 8:00 till 9:15 at Vredendal Sports Grounds. You can register in one of 3 categories. 4x2. 4x4 Sand and 4x4 Hard Ground (which I presume is dirt and rock). This is a family event, so you are allowed up to 5 people per vehicle. Costs are R300 per vehicle. That includes a light lunch. Free cool drinks at various points throughout the event, promotional material and gifts from sponsors, tickets for the dance and the prise giving at the end of the event, and that includes a meal as well. There will also be a cash bar. I think there will live music as well. This all happens back at the Vredendal Sports Grounds.

The Maskam Challenge is a charity event that raises funds for schools that need it. (This year it’s for Nouveau College). If anyone is interested in becoming a sponsor, please get in contact to find out the benefits.

Here are some pics I’ve found on the Isuzu 4x4 forum when I googled Maskam Challenge Pictures :angel:

When you guys hear oom Frikkie's Land Cruiser, you will not believe the sound. That thing is awesome! I have a friend that still won't believe that that is a diesel.

A nice axle twister up and around a curve. That obstacle you get double points if you do it in reverse :twisted:

He didn't . . .

It is NOT a small event.

Offroad drag racing is AWESOME (IF you remember to put your transfer box back in high range. Otherwise you loose by quite a bit :angel: )

Some 4x4 challenges

The sand driving there is top class!

Some Family fun

And where the festivities happen afterwards . . . Eating dancing and drinking the whole night long :dance1: :dance: :party:

:drool:

I put in Fryday leave to see how far I can get with my EFI. I'm trying my best to make this event (Or my wife will make me sleep outside till we get to go to the next one :blackeye: )
Stress: :irate: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living $H!t out of some asshole that desperately deserves it!
SideKick

Post by SideKick »

Hi all

So sopke to the boss and if the Hilux isn't done yet, we'll be going with the Frontier.

She's booking a camp site for us at a farm close by.

Anyone else comming on this weekend trip? We're leaving Friday morning early and comming back Sunday afternoon.

1. SideKick + Spikkels (+ back seat drivers to be decided)
2. Andre???
SideKick

Post by SideKick »

Update . . .

My wife found a nice camping spot. Onderhoek Farm. It's a nice 3km from the sports grounds where the kuier afterwards is going to be.

Price is R75 per person per night to camp there. There's even electricity.

They can accomodate 20 people. I'm the first booking for that weekend, so lots of space left.

1. SideKick + Spikkels (+ back seat drivers to be decided)
2. Andre???
3. Stubs (Will confirm tomorrow)

Return to “Western Cape”