2013 Hilux Clutch Noise

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Andrew Schmidt
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Meadowbrook
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3 D4D 4X4 D/C

2013 Hilux Clutch Noise

Post by Andrew Schmidt »

Hi All,

I am sure that most of you are aware of this and it may have been posted before but I thought I would add my two cents. I have posted this on another forum (LCCSA) but I suppose that this would have been the correct place to post this.... :oops:

Ever since I have had the Hilux (Feb 2013 model) there was a noise / moan every time I pulled off. I was told by the blokes at Toy that it was only the traction control and there was nothing to worry about.

When I went to take a look at Nick S’ vehicle at Toy Bedfordview I again asked about it, and this time I was informed that there had been a bulletin on this matter and the clutch would be replaced. I received no further information other than that it would be warranty claim.

The clutch has been replaced and the noise has disappeared. Pull off seems to be much smother as well

Apparently this needs to be done on the new Fortuners as well?

Anybody know about this?
Andrew Schmidt
KZ-TE 2x4 D/C WLH 914 GP - Fatally injured by a Cement Truck
2005 Nissan Hardbody 3L TD 4X4 Double cab - SWJ 947 GP The Silver Bullet!!!!- Sold
Toyota Hilux 3 D4D D/C 4X4 CK 43 SB GP Needless to say anymore...
Frikadel
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Oos Rand
Vehicle: 2013 Toyota Hilux D/C 4x4

Re: 2013 Hilux Clutch Noise

Post by Frikadel »

Not a word and I also have the June 2013 model.

Return to “The Workshop”