Bat type - or Easy Awn for CARAVAN ?

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Warrior
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Brackenfell Cape Town
Vehicle: 08 Vigo 4x4 d/c 4.0L auto
Club VHF Licence: X138

Bat type - or Easy Awn for CARAVAN ?

Post by Warrior »

Looking for a faster setup time at the campsite instead of the traditional caravan tent.

Has anyone ever tried to fit an awn (without any loose poles) to a caravan ?
Thinking of fitting one with the option to open it 90 or 180 degrees.
Otherwise looking at the roll out ones with two poles falling out.

Any suggestions where to go or look in Western Cape ?

Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Re: Bat type - or Easy Awn for CARAVAN ?

Post by Haboob »

Eben, Alu-Cab in Cape Town make an Awning without feet based on the Ostrich Awning from Australia. This should also have sides that you would be able to zip on to keep wind/cold out. The guy to speak to there is Warwick Leslie. Most 4X4 magazines have their advert in the back to get a telephone number or email address or website.
I think that you can also ask them to include fold up legs which you can let down in stormy/windy weather, so that you can fasten the awning down to prevent it blowing over the top of the caravan.
I have an ostrich awning without legs, on my camper which I tie down in stormy weather to prevent damage.
Do sit down for the price as they do not come cheap, but are very easy to set up & put away again.
I understand that Ben (Whiskey) on the Forum/Club had one made out of stainless steel for a lot cheaper. He does have the plans which he got from one of the off road forums, so PW him and he will be able to mail the plans to you...
Good Luck in your endevours...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"

Return to “Open Discussion”