87 back bumper

Looking for something? Ask for it here.
selwyn
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 1987 Toyota Hilux

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:18 am

Hi Guys, I'm looking for a back bumper for a 1987 Hilux, preferably in the Cape Town area.
Cheers
Selwyn
selwyn
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi, is there anyone possibly able to assist with a rear bumper for an 87 SFA.
Cheers
Selwyn
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:32 pm

I priced one For a '93 model about a year ago from a local outlet and they were still available then at about R1200 new. Can't remember what make it was but IIRC, Bosal used to make them as well. I think the 2nd generation (from '89 to '98) fitted the '87 as well. You could try phoning around to the exhaust & towbar fitment centres in your area. If they don't have they might be able to steer you in the right direction.

Other options might be to check with the scrap yards, or have one made up.

Is yours missing altogether or just rusted?
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
selwyn
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:33 am

Hi Mud Dog, I have contacted some fitment and spares outlets as well as scrapyards and Ultimate 4 x 4 with no luck. Mine is was damaged in an accident and cant be repaired. Probably just have to make one up. Thanx for the response.
Cheers
Selwyn
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:55 am

If it was damaged then you still have the plates that make up the mounting brackets. Just cut the damaged pipework away and replace with new pipe. The brackets and the hitch plate are perhaps the more difficult part of the re-fabrication - the hitch plate should also be to be re-used with some luck.

The bolt holes in the chassis should be checked though, they tend to tear or wear oval. Easy enough to repair with a reinforcing gusset. Hope you come right.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Wanted”