Dual battery new Fortuner or Hilux

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Foksie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Fortuner 4x4

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Hi
Has anyone fitted a national luna dual battery system to a new hilux or new fortuner. Reason for my question is that toyota tells me that it is my dual battery system that causes a fuse that controles my windows control panel and so on. How is that possible if the dual battery system is a system on its own. The only wires that you connect to the vehicle is the 2 main battery wires.
Sphinx_88
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 1981 Hilux 4WD

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 pm

Good Afternoon Frank,

for the past decade I have been selling dual battery systems from the old solenoid systems to the new DC-DC Chargers and it cannot interfere with the window control switch or factory wiring, as when fitted correctly you will have an isolated positive and negative wiring between the main battery and the aux battery and the positive will then run through your desired dual battery system. If you are still using a National Luna solenoid system, i will strongly recommend that you upgrade to their 25A DC-DC charger because this new step up charge technology will charge faster and more efficient, and is compatible with the New Hilux's smart alternator which drops the voltage when cruising - this is where the solenoid system will become useless as is needs above 13.4 Volts to engage, and a smart alternator can drop the voltage to 11.8V

Best Regards
"One Life - Drive It!!"

Return to “The Workshop”