Alternator adjustment bracket

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Dimetrodon
Town: Captain Cook
Vehicle: LN106

Alternator adjustment bracket

Post by Dimetrodon »

I removed the air conditioning compressor from my 89’ LN106 2.8 3L. The compressor mounting bracket also doubles as the alternator adjustment bracket. At this point I want to swap out this massive piece of useless metal for a simpler alternator adjustment bracket. I’ve seen a few 2.8 3L owners that have swapped out to this simpler bracket, but for the life of me I cannot find out where the these brackets can be found used or new. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Attachments
IMG-1977(1).jpg
IMG-1976.jpg
dax021
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harkerville WC
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 4Y

Re: Alternator adjustment bracket

Post by dax021 »

It seems like a lot of schlep to replace something that is working fine. I get your point about being big and clunky, but the weight difference is negligible and won't make any difference to performance or consumption. Just my 2c worth.
dax021
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harkerville WC
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 4Y

Post by dax021 »

Another suggestion is to put the compressor back and turn it into an onboard air compressor. I have seen this done, and it works a charm, pumps a tyre in seconds.
niclemaitre
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 99 IFS DC 4x4

Post by niclemaitre »

Try a scrap yard in your area? It's a pretty simple shape to replicate as a laser cut and bent part too.
Happy trails
Nic

SFA '97 DC - affirmatively shopped
SFA '87 DC "Rooies" - sold
IFS '99 DC "Benny"

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”