Queenstown Next 4x4 Trail, rough and tough not for Sissies

SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Queenstown Next 4x4 Trail, rough and tough not for Sissies

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Hello all, once again we will be visiting this awesome area known as The Hangklip Mountain 4x4 Trail, basically it is not in fact a trail, but one huge vast area of +- 20 000 hectars with no internal fences, you can drive in any directing for many kilo's, consisting of vast valleys of rock, grass and many stream crossings, see invitation below for details
The Queenstown 4x4 Off-Road Club
Invitation

You and your family or friends are invited to join us all on a 4x4 trail to The Hangklip Mountain Area, this event will be held on Sunday the 21st October
We will meet across the road from JJ Serfontein School at 9am to leave at 9h15am sharp, if you are late or if you come later, please make sure that you close the gates that are closed, these gates will have an old V-Belt painted pink on them, this is very important.

This event is open to 4x4 vehicles that have low range and 4x4 as well as to Quads, but please note if you come out with your Quad on the back of your vehicle or on a trailer, then you will be leaving your vehicle or trailer at the normal place along the tar road that goes up to Mt Shepston at your risk, other wise contact somebody who is coming with their 4x4 who has a tow hitch so that they can tow your Quad out for you. Last time the gates were not locked, thus this time we are not sure if they are locked, if they are locked then we will just use wire to keep them closed.

So far the following driver's, have said that they will be coming on this trail.
Longdrop Ronny Jeep Wrangler TJ.
Marion Peens Landrover 110 4x4 with a huge V8
Wayne Mostert Ford Ranger 4x4
JP. du Plessis Toyota Hilux 4x4
Simon Morris Toyota Hilux 4x4
Jakes Pieterse Toyota Hilux 4x4 double cab 4x4
Corrie Toyota Surf 4x4
Gert Colt Rodeo 4x4

We will be venturing off to the left like we did last time and then will proceed towards Hangklip Mountain in a general direction, from the turn around point but be warned, you might have to find your own route, because us guys with our modified 4x4 vehicle’s will be taking the more tougher trail and the guys with their low slung vehicle’s will find it difficult to follow, thus to prevent damage to your vehicle you can follow us, but you will have to pack rocks or find a more easier trail to drive.
But please understand, just because I can drive over or up huge rocks, maybe your vehicle cannot, thus go around. Do not follow me!

We will be braaing thus bring your stuff, chalcoal and some wood, refreshments and chairs. I will bring a braai grid.
This event is FREE. Remember there is no road or trail.
If there are other people who want to join us then please either phone me or send me an email.
Thankyou
Simon Morris tel 082 499 1924 or Bigballs@vodamail.co.za

1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
SYRON CONVERSIONS

Re: Queenstown Next 4x4 Trail, rough and tough not for Sissies

Many huge Cycads can be found in this area as well.

Hangklip Mountain in the far distance above

Gert in his Colt, "hey where is the trail or road"

Gert below packing some rocks

Virgin Land, no roads, paths or trail, you just drive where ever you want to or think you can with your type of vehicle :lol:

next page for more pic's of where we will be driving
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
SYRON CONVERSIONS

Re: Queenstown Next 4x4 Trail, rough and tough not for Sissies

Hey??? I wonder what is at the bottom of this hill :roll: Not sure if we will be able to find a way across the stream at the bottom

Found a way across, here we go up the other side

This photo below in a larger format is real awesome, I really enjoy this photo

The Ladies

The Men or manne'

I did not wish to get my Hilux full of this stinking black mud, thus I just drove futher to the right through this marsh area :twisted:

This track you see here in this photo below is the one and only track that goes towards the rear of Hangklip Mountain, it is also used by a mate of mine who has a FM Repeater station on top of the mountain in the rear of this photo, this mountain is the heighest mountain of this whole Queenstown area, photo shows us on our way out HOME

simoan

Return to “Eastern Cape”