Sani Pass

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Irishman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Saldanha
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux Double Cab

Sani Pass

Post by Irishman »

Did anyone watch that guy driving the Sani Pass on T.V. last night. His Landy first broke a half shaft, and then the drive shaft. Unfortunately the recovery vehicle was not a Toyota, looked like a Tata or something.They committed a cardinal sin and just hooked the tow strap over the tow ball.
Bloues
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Hilux 2.2 D/C

Re: Sani Pass

Post by Bloues »

Was it on National Geographic ????
Bloues
(Nie blou bul maar SHARKS ondersteuner)
Don't fence me in.....
'91 D/Cab 2.2(4y) AKA - Bloues. Lifted Suspension, Dual Battery, 80Liter Freezer, Bridgestone Dueler A/T, 29Mhz Radio, Mud Creeper Winch(Aus), EasyAwn Rooftop Tent, Roofrack, Garmin Nuvi, Long Range Fuel Tank, Jacks+straps for landi recovery.....
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Irishman wrote:Did anyone watch that guy driving the Sani Pass on T.V. last night. His Landy first broke a half shaft, and then the drive shaft. Unfortunately the recovery vehicle was not a Toyota, looked like a Tata or something.They committed a cardinal sin and just hooked the tow strap over the tow ball.

New Tatta pulling an old Tatta; sounds about right nê :wink:

Nou think Big Ron what Channel was it on (between the Fashion Channel and late night e) :think:

What time (before or after your Special Cocoa Night Cap) :think:

R :wink: :wink:
Harold
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Howick
Vehicle: 1998 Hi-lux 2,4 S/cab (p); 1997 Hi-lux 2,4 D/cab (p)

Post by Harold »

Have seen this slot before; certainly filmed so as to get the un-imformed on the edge of their seats.
I'm sure that it was the first time the driver had ever driven a 4x4. No doubt some of the incidents staged.
Harold (Greytown, KZN)
http://www.alib.co.za/hilux.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Irishman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Saldanha
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux Double Cab

Post by Irishman »

It was on Nat Geo channel. I agree with Harold, they obviously had a second vehicle with them for the cameraman, and I thought it funny they didn't use it as a recovery vehicle

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”