DANGEROUS WEAPONS

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
bduk
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cullinan
Vehicle: Ford :Toyota
Club VHF Licence: HC237

DANGEROUS WEAPONS

Post by bduk »

Het julle ouens die nuwe voorgestelde wetgewing gesien?

Sal van 'n paar stukke gereedskap ontslae moet raak lyk dit my.

OBJECTS WHICH ARE IN THE OPINION OF THE MINISTER

DANGEROUS WEAPONS

Projectile discharging devices which are designed to discharge a

projectile by means of compressed gas, compressed air or a spring,

electrically or manually and whish is likely to cause serious bodily injury

if used to commit an assault, including but not limited to BB guns,

airsoft guns, bows and arrows, spear-guns, blowpipes and darts,

hunting slings, slingshots and catapults.

Sword;

Bayonet;

Baton;

Spear or assegai;

Panga;

Cattle prod;

Flick knife;

Dagger;

Knuckle knife;

Trench knife;

Throwing blade;

Non-metal or ceramic knife;

Tonfa;

Throwing star;

Any knife other than knifes mentioned above, the blade of which

exceeds 10 centimetres; or

Any other article, which is not a firearm, and which is made or modified

to be used -

(a) to injure or disable a person;

(b) to cause a person to fear that someone will be injured or

disabled by that use; or

(c) for attack or defence in the practice of a martial sport, art or

similar discipline.

Het van ‘n Toyota wheelspanner vergeet….

“Any object specified in Schedule 1, may be sold or supplied only from a

registered business premises which does not include any open air, street or

flea market, on condition that it may be sold only -

(a) to a person who is older than 18 years;

(b) to a person who identifies himself or herself by means of a green

bar-coded identity document;

(c) if the transaction is recorded in a register kept for that purpose,

reflecting the full names, address and identity number of the buyer

and the purpose for which it is bought;

(d) if the register is kept available for inspection, and inspection thereof

by a police officer is allowed at any time during business hours;

(e) if the transaction is performed face-to-face and not by mail, post or

internet order;
Wat ek is is net genade
Wat ek het is net geleen
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Re: DANGEROUS WEAPONS

Post by george »

Spear or assegai
Ek dink daar sal nog baie getoy-toy word oor daai ene
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
bduk
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cullinan
Vehicle: Ford :Toyota
Club VHF Licence: HC237

Post by bduk »

This is also included in that post for the people who want to do a bit about this.

1. COMMENTS ON THE DANGEROUS WEAPONS BILL - Do your bit!
The deadline for comment is fast approaching. There are many among us , for a multitude of reasons , who have yet to make any comment.

This bill will undoubtedly be to the detriment of us , our families and loved ones.

What it does , is in my opinion, is give the police sweeping powers to be judge and jury.

If they feel your explanation is not good enough, for something as petty as a childs toy gun in the car , they will arrest you.

A member has very kindly drafted the following for us, it may mean that they get a couple of thousand copies of the same objection, but should at least indicate that there is objection to the Bill.

Please copy ,paste, the section below, insert your name and address at the bottom of the document and then send to jacobspc@saps.org.za Make sure that you CC it to comments@gunsite.co.za so that we can keep a record of the submissions

This should not take any longer than a minute.

DO IT NOW!

MAJOR GENERAL P C JACOBS
SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE SERVICES
BY E-MAIL: jacobspc@saps.org.za

Dear Sir,

COMMENTS ON THE DANGEROUS WEAPONS BILL AS PER THE GOVERNMENT GAZETTE DATED 2 SEPTEMBER 2011

I object to the proposed legislation on the following grounds:

1. The definition of a dangerous weapon is so wide as to be virtually meaningless and it would be impossible for me to know how to comply with the legislation.

2. It grants the Minister broad and unfettered discretions without in any way establishing guidelines or constraints upon the exercise of those discretions and as such in effect places the Minister in the role of Parliament.

3. The effect of what is referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 above is to erode our constitutional principle of the rule of law which requires, among other things, that laws be written in a clear and accessible manner and that constraints be placed upon broad discretionary powers.

4. It offends against the presumption of innocence and the right to remain silent accorded to me under the bill of rights established under our Constitution.

5. It in effect entirely erodes my natural right to defend my bodily integrity.

I accordingly request that the draft bill be scrapped in its entirety and be replaced with a draft that does not give rise to the foregoing objections.

Yours faithfully,[Insert name]

[Insert address]
Wat ek is is net genade
Wat ek het is net geleen
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Criminals are already using these weapons to commit crime :crazy:

Don't see anywhere that one cannot posess any of these or that a lisence is needed for any of it... :think:
I would like to see them point the finger to me when I klap a burglar with a 'kettie' and a sinker...for all I know he got the injury before he broke in :twisted:
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

bduk wrote:This is also included in that post for the people who want to do a bit about this.

1. COMMENTS ON THE DANGEROUS WEAPONS BILL - Do your bit!
The deadline for comment is fast approaching. There are many among us , for a multitude of reasons , who have yet to make any comment.

This bill will undoubtedly be to the detriment of us , our families and loved ones.

What it does , is in my opinion, is give the police sweeping powers to be judge and jury.

If they feel your explanation is not good enough, for something as petty as a childs toy gun in the car , they will arrest you.

A member has very kindly drafted the following for us, it may mean that they get a couple of thousand copies of the same objection, but should at least indicate that there is objection to the Bill.

Please copy ,paste, the section below, insert your name and address at the bottom of the document and then send to jacobspc@saps.org.za Make sure that you CC it to comments@gunsite.co.za so that we can keep a record of the submissions

This should not take any longer than a minute.

DO IT NOW!

MAJOR GENERAL P C JACOBS
SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE SERVICES
BY E-MAIL: jacobspc@saps.org.za

Dear Sir,

COMMENTS ON THE DANGEROUS WEAPONS BILL AS PER THE GOVERNMENT GAZETTE DATED 2 SEPTEMBER 2011

I object to the proposed legislation on the following grounds:

1. The definition of a dangerous weapon is so wide as to be virtually meaningless and it would be impossible for me to know how to comply with the legislation.

2. It grants the Minister broad and unfettered discretions without in any way establishing guidelines or constraints upon the exercise of those discretions and as such in effect places the Minister in the role of Parliament.

3. The effect of what is referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 above is to erode our constitutional principle of the rule of law which requires, among other things, that laws be written in a clear and accessible manner and that constraints be placed upon broad discretionary powers.

4. It offends against the presumption of innocence and the right to remain silent accorded to me under the bill of rights established under our Constitution.

5. It in effect entirely erodes my natural right to defend my bodily integrity.

I accordingly request that the draft bill be scrapped in its entirety and be replaced with a draft that does not give rise to the foregoing objections.

Yours faithfully,[Insert name]

[Insert address]
Ek is n member op die gunsite en my vorm is klaar ge copy en paste met my naam op. Julle ouens moet dit maar doen asb, anders gaan dit moeilik raak vir die eerlike man op die straat !! Julle weet mos nou al hoe werk dit, die eerlike een is die een wat toe gesluit word as hy sy gesin wil beskerm!! As hulle die wetgewing toepas, dan sal hulle my vorseer om my gelensieerde .40 s&w Glock 22 te gebruik eerder as n spitvurk :twisted:

Return to “Open Discussion”