Early signs or un-used???

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Klonkies
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 1996-Hilux 2.4 D/C - 33 Kuhmo`s -rear difflock

Early signs or un-used???

Post by Klonkies »

Hi all,

Allow me to wish every one a Blessed and safe Festive season. I may not have been actively involved in this years chatting, or let me say as much as i wanted to be, but ya, what a year 2009 has been hey? I managed to do quite a bit of trails:
Kroonland
Jakkalskloof
Heuningberg
Klein Tafelberg
Matroosberg
Leeuwenboschen

Somerset - day trip

After an extended rest for the Hilux i decided to take my buddy (who recently just bought him a Hilux too - 2006 4.0 V6 DC) to Dirt and Dust to go play a bit.
The 4.0 V6 really made my 2.4L engine sound like a mini, however we both manged to finish all 13 obsticles at offer.

Now for the confusing bit... :(

On my 22R 2.4L Hilux I noticed the battery light going on while driving, is this alternator problems or battery voltage concerns???
Also - and more worrying to me? :oops:
In Low range - 1st gear, the "wining" on the gear seems a bit excessive?? When driving in 2nd gear it is completely gone but the worrying bit is that the winding is now slightly audible when driving in normal 2H too?..

Can you please share some thoughts regarding the battery alarm and wining gears??
Thank you :wave:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Early signs or un-used???

Post by CasKru »

The battery light coming on while the engine is running means that you voltage regulator has had enough. Quite easy to replace and could cost about R230 for the genuine Bosh replacement.

Regarding the whining noise. When last did you check the oil levels etc on the diff oil and gear boxes? Have you done some water crossings and do you have diff breathers?
To God be the glory
Klonkies
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 1996-Hilux 2.4 D/C - 33 Kuhmo`s -rear difflock

Re: Early signs or un-used???

Post by Klonkies »

Regarding the battery - Thank you, will get one today.

Did some water crossing yes, but i also got diff breathers fitted. Maybe i will have all the oils flushed out and replaced.

:clap:

Return to “The Workshop”