back right door problems

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Lane
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Port Shepstone - KZN
Vehicle: 97 Hilux 2.4 D/C Raider

back right door problems

Post by Lane »

i wonder if anyone can help, all my doors close without having to slam them but my back right door needs to be slammed to close properly. any ideas to resolve this? :roll:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: back right door problems

Post by CasKru »

Maybe check that all the hinges and mechanisms is still bolted down properly.
To God be the glory
Paul Grobler
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: KOEDOESKOP
Vehicle: '12 79 Land Cruiser Pick up 4.2 D

Post by Paul Grobler »

Your doors hinge bushes might be warn or just needs setting again :thumbup:
5de Rat brights
Lane
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Lane »

checked door hinges for wear and all good, tried to reset the door but no joy, all bolts are tight. almost seems as the door rubber is incorrect but looks same as left door! :|
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Is the trim panel on loose at the bottom of the door, or it could be the actual latch mech thats sticking! Could try a little lube spray.
Lane
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Lane »

Mr_B wrote:Is the trim panel on loose at the bottom of the door, or it could be the actual latch mech thats sticking! Could try a little lube spray.
checked trim panel and all in order (in fact very nicely intact) have previously lubed latch mech twice and still no joy. i even tried turning "D" latch on body over as i thought there may be a slight difference but...... i would have thought there would be some adjustment on the door mech but unless my eyes are faulty i cant see anything. such a silly thing causing such aggravation. :aggresive:
Maddoglips
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: P.E.
Vehicle: Raider 2.2 4x4; Mikem 50mm raised suspension, long range tank, Monroe gasses all round.

Post by Maddoglips »

Lane

Just a try, but loosen the 3(I think ) screws holding the lock in the door slightly so it can just move and try and close the door a few times.

If out of alignment, this should position it right and then tighten it up carefully again.

I have had this prob before, and this worked for me.
It's better to Burn Out then Fade Away.
Lane
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Lane »

Maddoglips wrote:Lane

Just a try, but loosen the 3(I think ) screws holding the lock in the door slightly so it can just move and try and close the door a few times.

If out of alignment, this should position it right and then tighten it up carefully again.

I have had this prob before, and this worked for me.
hi zane
thanks, just tried but didn't work, BUT, while i was there walking from left door and back to right checking for any differences and noticed the left mech latch has a plastic "sleeve" over the "striker" which i presume is so as not to get that metal on metal noise when closing the door, (when closing the right door it sounds terrible and i thought it was the slamming) well anyway the right door does not have it thus having to push the door further closed to latch correctly. :alvarin: just phoned toyota and i have to buy the whole mech for a sum of R 545 + vat. time to find a plan b if not then i hope i get small share in toyota when buying the mech. :mocking: will let you guys know if this is the problem or ??? :thumbup:

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”