Where are the traffic officers when you need them?

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
JBurger
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: ......
Vehicle: .....

Where are the traffic officers when you need them?

Post by JBurger »

Driving in to town today a tow truck passed us at some speed. It had a vehicle loaded on the back and another hooked behind. The number plates and indicator lights were blanked by the vehicle on the hitch. It changed lanes a few times without the traffic behind being able to get warned due to the vehicle on the hitch. It is at times like these that I wish a traffic officer was close..

Plate and indicator lights blocked:

Number Plate:

Business details:

No front plates:
Image ImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Where are the traffic officers when you need them?

Post by OOOOMS »

In summer...usually under a tree, sleeping :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

As I understand, if you have photographic evidence .... time / date / location / vehicle registration and the nature of the violation, you could submit it to the authorities for further investigation and possible issue of fines / prosecution. I think submitting those pics above would be a waste of time, because AFAIK front plates are not mandatory, rear yes, but not front .... and if that is still the case, then there's no transgression there. It's also arguable that the lights were obscured, as they are visible in that pic from the rear. A single static pic doesn't show speed or weaving / lane changing between traffic and it would just be your word against theirs that it happened. A series of consecutive pics or video clip is a different matter and far better substantiates your claim, if submitted. IIRC there was a campaign about a year or two ago whereby the public were encouraged to submit video clips taken by a passenger (not the driver) of offenders. The problem was that it's illegal to manually operate a cellphone while driving (you cannot submit evidence of wrongdoing whilst you yourself are in transgression), and one doesn't always have a passenger handy. The other issue was that the clip should be of a certain minimum quality, which not that many cellphones were capable of .... and then of course you may be asked to lead evidence in court. The idea was good, just not practical.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Plates in front is most definitely mandatory except for motorcycles
To God be the glory
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Ek het al R500 boete gekry omdat my voorste nommerplaat agter die seed net is en nie duidelik sigbaar is nie, so voorste nommerplaat is beslis n wettige vereiste.
ImageImage
Piesang
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

CasKru wrote:Plates in front is most definitely mandatory except for motorcycles
Jadaar moet 'n nommerplaat voor wees die eenigte rede hoekom ouens dit afhaal is vir spoed kameras en enige iets wat gesleep word waarvan daar nie rooi- en vlikker ligte saam met die sleep voertuig werk nie of die sleep voertuig se ligte gesien kan word of nie moet 'n sleep plaat met werkende ligte hê, op die deel naaste aan die agter kant van dit wat gesleep word.

Dis soos as ek die b/buggy sleep, my bakkie se ligte kan gesien word, maar dis nie genoeg nie daar moet werkinde ligte agter wees.

En as dit wat gesleep word nie padwaardig is nie moet die ligteplaat 'n geldige nommer plaat met sleep lisensie op hê.

Ek het al gewens ek kan 'n stel klein kameras om my voertuig plaas wat ekle rit wat ek neem om band op neem, Veral as die ouens van agter op 'n wit of selfs 'n dubbele wit lyn by jou verby kom terwyl daar aankomende verkeer of 'n blinde draai is.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Taro17
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by Taro17 »

In JHB I find it mandatory to pray before I leave home :angel:

Because by the time I get to the end of the street, in most cases there's people breaking almost every law you can think of. By then I'm usually in the wrong mood. :aggresive: :aggresive: :aggresive:

This way I'm a more calm driver. :dance1: and don't feel the need to skel the transgressors. :banned: They don't listen or give a damn anyway. It's a daily struggle.

That's one reason why I love driving my Hilux everyday. Taxis don't really bother with me because maybe they're a bit intimidated. Just keep your cool, cause road rage is definitely not the answer :blackeye: just makes you regret your actions and tomorrow you'll find the person driving exactly the same.

So for me I'll keep asking the good Lord :beg: let me get to work and my kid to school safely :thumbup:
ImageImageImageImage
Rory

1995 Hilux Raider d/cab
2.2 4y motor
SAC Brospeed Conversion, Weber carb
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Taro17 wrote:In JHB I find it mandatory to pray before I leave home :angel:

Because by the time I get to the end of the street, in most cases there's people breaking almost every law you can think of. By then I'm usually in the wrong mood. :aggresive: :aggresive: :aggresive:

This way I'm a more calm driver. :dance1: and don't feel the need to skel the transgressors. :banned: They don't listen or give a damn anyway. It's a daily struggle.

That's one reason why I love driving my Hilux everyday. Taxis don't really bother with me because maybe they're a bit intimidated. Just keep your cool, cause road rage is definitely not the answer :blackeye: just makes you regret your actions and tomorrow you'll find the person driving exactly the same.

So for me I'll keep asking the good Lord :beg: let me get to work and my kid to school safely :thumbup:
Gelukkig bly ek in 'n klein dorp en het net so 1.5km werk toe met 5 stoppe werk toe en net 2 terug. En ek moet sê hier is jy 'n beter mens as ek, ek plaas ook my vertrou in Hom, maar ek strip myself te gou en vaal lelik as ek die salg in gaan stad toe. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Yeah ... I wondered about that front number plate thing after speed trap cameras became more popular .... must have been amended at some point. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

ToyX4 wrote:Ek het al R500 boete gekry omdat my voorste nommerplaat agter die seed net is en nie duidelik sigbaar is nie, so voorste nommerplaat is beslis n wettige vereiste.
AFAIK moet die bossluiper jou nommer plaat op 30m kan lees.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Ek het nie die hele storie gehoor, maar op KFM nuus was daar iets van dat die Kaapstad verkeer volgende maand gaan toeslaan op iets soos 2 miljoen of biljoen rand se uitstaan de boetes. :shock: :shock: wonder hoe gaan hul dit reg kry.

ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Thabogrobler wrote:
ToyX4 wrote:Ek het al R500 boete gekry omdat my voorste nommerplaat agter die seed net is en nie duidelik sigbaar is nie, so voorste nommerplaat is beslis n wettige vereiste.
AFAIK moet die bossluiper jou nommer plaat op 30m kan lees.
Op my bakkie is dit so 3 meter :shh:
ImageImage

Return to “Open Discussion”