Tuffstuff and trackers

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
grobbepj
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Hilux legend 35 4x4 3.0kzte D/C

Tuffstuff and trackers

Post by grobbepj »

Have you guys seen this thread on community. I might have been under a rock. All toyota 4x4s will be forced to fit a tracker by 1 May it seems (tuffstuff insured toyota 4x4s). Have not received my letter yet so dont have all the info. Just came upon the thread this morning.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sho ... p?t=214062" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting...
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

Re: Tuffstuff and trackers

Post by Toppie4x4 »

All tracking devises (the signal) can be jammed by equipment used by the criminals, it is no assurance that they will find your car. According to me it is just a money making racket. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
grobbepj

Post by grobbepj »

Ja Andre. Its just one more thing on the list of things being forced down our throats in this wonderful country of ours....

Not too sure I want my vehicle back after being stolen and damaged ... [POUTING FACE]
DerikB
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Witbank
Vehicle: 2018 Hilux 2.8 XtraCab 4x4 Auto
Club VHF Licence: HC143

Post by DerikB »

Raymond du Plessis

This action applies to Toyota only:
- all 4x4's SUV's, D/C, S/C
- all 2x4's SUV's, D/C, S/C

This action has bee split into two different processes:

all those persons who have now receive a letter about this matter is where their 4x4's have been on the TUFFSTUFF facility for 3 years or longer. Here, the Sum insured was also reduced as stated in the covering letter.
The next batch of Toyota owners who are on the TUFFSTUFF facility for less than 3 years will be receiving their notification at the end of March 2015 where tracking must be fitted by 01 May 2015. Here, there will be no reduction in the sum insured due to the 3 years agreed value basis of cover.

This split is of a logistics nature.
Edited per red insert above.
We're all in line to receive the letter if Raymond's post is anything to go by.

Also looks like we will have to foot the bill for the monthly service fee for the Cartrack.

Might be time to get a few quotes to make sure they are still competitive.
Derik

2011 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D XtraCab 4x4 - ONCA Bar & Rock Sliders, Spacer Lift.
2013 Ford Figo TDCi
ORRA VHF Call Sign: B78
Rebel 4x4
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

It's discrimination - I would go to SANTAM then.
Sent from my iPhone
ROOKIE
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: HILLCREST
Vehicle: 12 4.0 V6 4x4.

Post by ROOKIE »

DerikB wrote: We're all in line to receive the letter if Raymond's post is anything to go by.

Also looks like we will have to foot the bill for the monthly service fee for the Cartrack.

Might be time to get a few quotes to make sure they are still competitive.
I got a Tuffstuff Letter. The 'cartrack quick track' is included in my premium.

From my understanding, those who have ben with TuffStuff for more than 3 years, get a reduced retail value and the 'saving' is used to pay for the tracker. Those who have been there for less than 3 years get an increased premium. Either way it looks like TuffStuff is paying the cartrack on our behalf.

While I understand (maybe) the rationale behind this decision, I think the manner that it is being dealt with is well below acceptable customer service.

You get a brief letter saying fir the tracker before (in my case) 1 April 2015. The letter does not deal with which quicktrack option (purchase or rental). When you call cartrack, the call center is certainly not fully aware of this. I ended my call at this point.

Others have found a consultant who knows what is going on, only to be told that you need to contract for 3 years with penalties if you exit the contract before the end of 3 years. So there are all these questions that if you contact Tuff Stuff, they cant answer. It certainly doesn't seem like much thought was applied to the customer experience.

I am investigating alternatives.
09 4.0 V6 Auto 4x4.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

If you have a tracker fitted the hijackers normally take you with until they've found it so that you can't call the tracking company.

More of a liabilty if you ask me...

These kind of demands from insurance companies results in the thugs not believing you when you say you don't have a tracker fitted so I guess you're scewed anyway.
grobbepj

Post by grobbepj »

Tracker installed last night... Lets see whats next...

(Took cartrack 5hours to install...)
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Go have another look at that thread ....

Initially Raymond was asked and confirmed - clients DONT have to check the units, as Cartrack will do this.

One of the clients noted a contradictory note on the installers van - "Onus is on the CLIENT to check if the unit works"

I checked on their website, and posted a link confirming this ......

Now do yourself a favour and read up on the "fleet management" option .... Cartrack HAS the details of how you drove upto an accident !!!!

Now I am a VERY sceptical person and DONT trust all this ....

Another item that came out - long time members had a premium increase in November last year, and now another R115 for the tracker premium ... thus a stiff increase in 5 months ....
grobbepj

Post by grobbepj »

Ja I just spoke to the cartrack guys today to get my password activated and the control room guy was very adamant that I should phone to test EVERY TWO weeks.

I am keeping a close eye on the other thread awaiting Raymonds answers on numerous points...

Your point above convinced me tonstay away from the fleet managemnet option... Ciuld just open more loopholes during claims...
Rebel 4x4

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

grobbepj wrote:Ja I just spoke to the cartrack guys today to get my password activated and the control room guy was very adamant that I should phone to test EVERY TWO weeks.

I am keeping a close eye on the other thread awaiting Raymonds answers on numerous points...

Your point above convinced me tonstay away from the fleet managemnet option... Ciuld just open more loopholes during claims...
Try eerder SANTAM, hulle adverteer mos dat hulle 'n insurance company is vir Suid Afrikaners.
Sent from my iPhone
Oupa Stig
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Post by Oupa Stig »

My '99 hilux het nie tracking device nodig volgens Santam, hulle dek my vir alles behalwe "timed events", so as ek tjol maak op 'n trail dan is ek gedek.
As ek uit die land uit gaan is ek ook gedek, maar ek weet nie wie betaal vir die voertuig terugbring SA toe nie, want ek beplan nie om binnekort land-uit te gaan met hom anyway nie. En my premie vir die '99 is maar sowat R450 pm, omdat ek al my goed, huis, kar, inhoud ens deur hulle verseker.

Works for me, maar ek piekel nie in diepste donker Afrika in nie en ry nie kompetisies nie.
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Oupa Stig wrote:My '99 hilux het nie tracking device nodig volgens Santam, hulle dek my vir alles behalwe "timed events", so as ek tjol maak op 'n trail dan is ek gedek.
As ek uit die land uit gaan is ek ook gedek, maar ek weet nie wie betaal vir die voertuig terugbring SA toe nie, want ek beplan nie om binnekort land-uit te gaan met hom anyway nie. En my premie vir die '99 is maar sowat R450 pm, omdat ek al my goed, huis, kar, inhoud ens deur hulle verseker.

Works for me, maar ek piekel nie in diepste donker Afrika in nie en ry nie kompetisies nie.
Ek is ook by Santam - met die "Extended 4x4 cover".

GEEN tracker nodig nie.

Ek het laas uigevind oor die "terugbring" as iets buite ons grense gebeur.

- Santam dek ons vir SADC lande - wanneer jy jou "travel documents" kry kan jy dan net bevestig rakende "oorlogs gebiede" ...

- AS iets gebeur, het jy 50k dekking vir die terug bring - maar jy bring hom self terug, en dien dan die eis in vir daai 50k ..... Ons bly op die grond paaie aan daai kant van die grens en is tevrede met die dekking.
Rebel 4x4

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Wonder hoekom tuffstuff nou so tuff is met hulle reëls?
Sent from my iPhone
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

Post by Toppie4x4 »

Het n tracker in my Merc gehad, battery problem gehad. Tracker het toe erken dit is hul tracker wat my battery "drain". Ook vir my gese ek is verantwoordelik om te kyk of hy werk. Nou vra ek met trane in my oe hoe de....nner doen mens dit. Ek het myne laat uihaal. Geen battery issues meer nie. Tracker is n waist of time and money.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Rebel 4x4 wrote:Wonder hoekom tuffstuff nou so tuff is met hulle reëls?
Hoe oud is hulle ?

So 5 of 6 jaar terug AGRESSIEF begin bemark, en goed gegroei ....

Net hoe lank kan jy meer bied as die bekende name teen laer tariewe .... die wiskunde is baie eenvoudig ....

Geleidelik het die tariewe gestyg - nou is daar al meer klagtes dat die bekende name goedkoper is ... So die tariewe kan nie veel verder styg nie ....

Geneek is dit KOS om elke keer oor die grens te ry om n voertuig met n flat-bed te loop haal .... en baie van daai is net eenvoudig swak onderhoud - volgens Raymond se herhaalde klagtes hieroor ....

So wat maak mens nou om die boeke te laat klop ..... PROBEER om die diefstal kostes (uitgawes) te beperk - en solank CarTrack dan 150k per kar uitbetaal, OF terugvind is die uitgawes mos lekker beperk ......... Wonner net WIE gaan hoes as Cartrack hulle fine print uithaal voor hulle 150k hoes ...

Moet my asseblief nie verkeerd verstaan nie.

TS IS n goeie produk !!!

Maar die honeymoon is verby en nou is dit harde wiskunde wat gaan bepaal wat volgende gebeur ....
Rebel 4x4

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

ChrisF wrote:
Rebel 4x4 wrote:Wonder hoekom tuffstuff nou so tuff is met hulle reëls?
Hoe oud is hulle ?

So 5 of 6 jaar terug AGRESSIEF begin bemark, en goed gegroei ....

Net hoe lank kan jy meer bied as die bekende name teen laer tariewe .... die wiskunde is baie eenvoudig ....

Geleidelik het die tariewe gestyg - nou is daar al meer klagtes dat die bekende name goedkoper is ... So die tariewe kan nie veel verder styg nie ....

Geneek is dit KOS om elke keer oor die grens te ry om n voertuig met n flat-bed te loop haal .... en baie van daai is net eenvoudig swak onderhoud - volgens Raymond se herhaalde klagtes hieroor ....

So wat maak mens nou om die boeke te laat klop ..... PROBEER om die diefstal kostes (uitgawes) te beperk - en solank CarTrack dan 150k per kar uitbetaal, OF terugvind is die uitgawes mos lekker beperk ......... Wonner net WIE gaan hoes as Cartrack hulle fine print uithaal voor hulle 150k hoes ...

Moet my asseblief nie verkeerd verstaan nie.

TS IS n goeie produk !!!

Maar die honeymoon is verby en nou is dit harde wiskunde wat gaan bepaal wat volgende gebeur ....
Wat Oom Chris verduidlik maak nogal sin. Ons moet maar wag en sien hoe dinge gaan uitloop.
Sent from my iPhone

Return to “Open Discussion”