Honda bikes

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: Honda bikes

Post by ChrisF »

Many 650cc nikes gives the same fuel economy as the 250Teister from Honda.

The small engines works too hard ...
Petrusd
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 1997 2.4 Hilux DC 4x4 / Yamaha Motorfiets

Post by Petrusd »

You cant go wrong with honda/yamaha/suzuki/kawasaki

It all depends on what you want to do with it.
Horses for courses - baie waar

Some of Honda`s 125cc road bikes get 50+km per liter of fuel

My TW200 gives 28km/L - its not a very fast bike - WOT = 125km/h met `n afdraens :)
Ry baie lekker.
Petrusd
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Petrusd »

Die tank is maar klein.

125km tot op reserve - het hom nog nooit leeg gery nie.
You could also just strap one of those small red 5l jerry cans on the back....

Die klein cc fietse het nie groot tanks nie..
LoneRanger
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 95 Hilux 2.2 4y double Cab 4x4

Post by LoneRanger »

Gary your best bet is to phone Heldeberg Honda (somersetwest) they are more helpfull than the cape town and bellville branch - I rather phone heldeberg for parts, do and eft and they send it to bellville for collection - what service!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:
My Toys - and freedom
Old man emu suspension,snorkel,PowerFlow exhaust and branch,burnco bumpers front and back, burnco aluminium canopy,awning, 31" Bridgestone A/T,dual battery system, long range fuel tank and water tank and rear lockers.
1100cc Honda Blackbird 2002
African Child
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: Hilux 4L 4x4

Post by African Child »

Het Helderberg Honda se motorfiets en boot afdeling dan die toe gemaak nie, ek was daar toe hulle hulle laaste stock uitverkoop het???
Alone I wander a thousand miles, and I ask my way from the clouds.
Kykdaar
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux V6

Post by Kykdaar »

Predator wrote:As a small light on fuel package what are these two bikes like? I am out of my depth here so are these good bikes? Was thinking of getting a light bike. For the price new they are dirt cheap.
XR 125

http://search.autotrader.co.za/www/bike ... 1186967979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Honda TORNADO 250

http://www.honda.co.za/main.aspx?id=72&pid=143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What would the fuel capacity be on a tank and consumption got? how far on a single tank?
http://search.autotrader.co.za/www/bike ... 5187055874" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Both bikes are used as small adventure bikes and as a result you will pick up a a fair bit of interesting facts and opinions if you run a search for them on http://www.wilddog.za.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lane
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Port Shepstone - KZN
Vehicle: 97 Hilux 2.4 D/C Raider

Post by Lane »

i have had some hondas previously (CR250, XR200, XR500) and ive found that parts are not always readily available and they seem to be expensive. my last bike was a DT200 yamaha and im currently riding a WR250F yamaha and my elder son rides a PW50 yamaha and ive never had any problems with parts and prices seem to be reasonable. IMO yamaha is like toyota once you drive one you will never change.
dustbuster
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Richards Bay
Vehicle: Rebuilding 91 D/C Hilux Mboza Body, OME 4Y EFI, & 91 S/C 4Y Hilux

Post by dustbuster »

I own a Honda CRF230F which has the same engine as the TORNADO 250
they have just tweaked it over the years, have not had any problems with my bike that engine is inscrutable.
cyborg
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Richards Bay
Vehicle: 1984 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 SFA ; 2011 Fortuner 4x4 ; BMW 650 GS

Post by cyborg »

My opinion... I say go for the Tornado.

I've been around bikes a lot too, and from what I see in the smaller 125 it's total build quality is just way inferior to that of the Tornado. so you're gonna be buying a bike that will start braking very soon, and then there's the power, two days after getting onto that 125, you're gonna wish you had a bit more power...

My boss rides the Twister, and he swears by it! VERY economical and not hectic to maintain. If you maintain it well you can ride those things forever. (I'm also busy toying with the idea of the Tornado, or the KLR650 :twisted: , maar mamma skop nog teen daai een...)
Hilux 4x4. . . . :thumbup:
Kykdaar
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux V6

Post by Kykdaar »

cyborg wrote:My opinion... I say go for the Tornado.

I'm also busy toying with the idea of the KLR650 :twisted: , maar mamma skop nog teen daai een...)
Koop liewer die DR 650 - Die bike eweknie van die SFA Hilux :thumbup:
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Go for the 250, 125cc is just too small and you will only do 80km/h on the tar road with a 125. With a 250 you migh reach 120.

Those 250 engines are very reliable. The old Honda 200cc gave you about 24 km/l I am not sure about the new ones.
I doubt that it will have a bigger tank than 14 litres, thus you will get at least 300km out of a tank.

A big plus is the 21" front wheel, it makes sand and off-road driving easier.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Petrusd
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Petrusd »

Maak net seker dat die bike `n "kick" en elektriese starter het.
Die tornado is net elektries - baie lekker tot die battery pap is op `n stuk sand pad....
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

for a spanner in the works here is something:

self have dealt with the Jap four between bikes and quads have had all four of those brands!!

they are all reliable, like every thing else depends on who one talks to, they will all have their quirks!!
and how one looks after them!!!

however to what has become the biggest fact is the availability of spares, and even though Honda is so big, with having such a big network by being combined with the car dealers
YAMAHA has the best back up BY FAR!!!!!!

and Kawasaki and Suzuki being the worst!!! many dealers do Kawasaki and suzuki together!!

Gerald touched on the topic of maybe getting the bigger bike to avoid buying twice, this is spot on!!
the smaller bike will soon not be strong/fast enough and soon a bigger bike will be desired!!
been there done that, got the hat got the T-shirt!!
did it with the road bike and then again with the quads!!

go for the bigger one!! :dance1:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lane
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Port Shepstone - KZN
Vehicle: 97 Hilux 2.4 D/C Raider

Post by Lane »

i think Fernando has hit the nail on the head. i am a yamaha fan but i think it all really depends on how far you plan on riding, to work and back or? Yamaha just does not seem to have anything in this market at the moment, DT 175 is too small, WR 250f with road kit is perfect but going to cost about 70k and going bigger will shoot you to the 660 tenere and these are (im guessing) about 100k. So IMO (depending on exactly what you going to be using it) the Tornado may be the one. :wave:

Return to “Open Discussion”