your opinions ? Bundutec Top

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
daniel567
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: cape town
Vehicle: hilux

your opinions ? Bundutec Top

Post by daniel567 »

Greetings to all ...

I am thinking of replacing my echo RTT with a Bundutec TOP(BT) ... I like the ease of open and close ... but not keen on the large size of the BT

It is comfy, large , with all round view, 35 seconds to open and close .... no mess with flaps etc ...
...seems well sealed even the vertical sides
...would add it to Hilux Vigo DC

Please tell me your experiences or opinions of the Bundutec Top ? would you fit one ?

Much appreciated

Daniel
RodS
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Somerset West
Vehicle: Hilux D4D
Club VHF Licence: X282

Re: your opinions ? Bundutec Top

Post by RodS »

Since no-one else has responded to you, here is a link to a thread on the same subject,under the Camping... section:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=39008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To my opinions expressed there, I will add that a Trip Report from last week on the 4x4 Community Forum implied that the motors are noisy enough to cause serious annoyance to other campers. (CKGR April 15 - Keith Newham)
daniel567
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by daniel567 »

Thanks for reply. Still hoping to hear from more experiences of users... and if any on has one on a hilux dc perhaps a pic or two how u fitted it. Thinking of the noise... 35 secs not too bad unless at 4am :)... but vs a hairdryer for 20min....? Quess one may be able to put some sound proof around motor ? It is a point BT could work on to improve? Please chaps post more experiences....
doggone
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux 4X4 3.0 D4D

Post by doggone »

The report in the link above was posted by me. I have it mounted on a Hilux dc on top of a steeltop canopy. It is fitted via 2 x front runner load bars and they are bolted to load rails I had fitted to my canopy. The load bars also have a eezi-awn batwing 270 awning mounted.

The entire thing is lifted off my canopy by a fredlin hoist and hangs in my garage roof. I can fit it in under 10 minutes.

I love the ease of use and would recommend it to anyond who finds rooftop tenting a drag. This certainly has made life easier and my true test was whether my wife could set up and pack up camp without my help as when we go mountainbiking, she sometimes follows later. She is very happy and finds it easy to use.

Not mounted at the moment but going on a trip the weekend of 23 May. Will take some photos and post.

While the motor does make some noise I dont find it a problem and 35 seconds is quick. Very quick and quiet when compared to mattress inflators. Also much less noise than the swearing when trying to pack ip my previous tent :)
daniel567
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by daniel567 »

Hi Many thanks for your comment.

I look forwards to your photos ...if possible before you replace onto your canopy and with shots of the awn attachments (as I also want to add an awn) ..

Once fitted ...close ups of the fitting to load bars and overall would be magic .

Appreciate your comments.
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Daniel, I do not have a RTT anymore & converted to a camper...
I will add that in any form of holiday or outing the ease of use greatly influences your enjoyment of the situation...
I have never met anyone that enjoys setting up camp for 3/4 of an hour...
The less work the more likely you will want to do this thing...
We travel up to 7 500 kms in three weeks and very seldom spend two nights at one campsite on our trips...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
daniel567
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by daniel567 »

hi again ... would anyone be willing to post some photos of the brackets/bars/connections used when fitting the BT to a roof rack with intention of removing for a Freidlin(?) hoist or similar off car temp store facility ? ...or just advise what to use make/type/diy ?

I am interested to see what you used to fit/take off in the easiest manner ?

Thanks in anticipation ...

D : )

Return to “Open Discussion”